VII

Baby Blue VII

"Okay Louis so it might be a little cold." Louis hissed as his nurse squirt a small circle of sticky gel on his stomach. She picked up her wand, clicking a few buttons before turning to the monitor. She swirled the wand in the gel and paused when the sound of a train echoed the room. Louis stared at the monitor and watched as his offspring came into view.

"And there's your baby." He smiled looking at his daughter. She was wiggling around a bit and her heart was very strong. "So as you can see, no penis has been detected so now we have about 101.1% confidence that your baby is a girl. So I suppose that's helpful for the last half of the pregnancy." She swivelled the wand around again.

"She is wiggly."

"She is wiggly, but that's expected. She's about 2 ounces now. And three pounds is or striving number." The nurse switched off the machines and began to wipe off Louis' stomach.

"What happens when she's 3 pounds?" Louis asked.

"That's when she'll be healthy enough to come out. So if we run into any carrier complications or baby complications, we can take her right out in about an hour or two."

"I don't have to go into labor?" The nurse shook her head, but paused mid way.

"Well, you will. We can give you synthetic labor or natural labor which would be your water breaking on its on time. Synthetic labor would be administered by a doctor and the contractions should start about 20 minutes to an hour later." Louis gulped.

"Little time." The nurse chuckled.

"You're certainly a luck boy. Out of the few world cases of pregnant male there has been, yours seems to be the most functioning. Lactation, full hormonal periods, no menstruation." Louis face contorted.

"I do not know what a lot of that stuff is." The nurse cooed.

"Well lactation is just breast feeding. Course the baby's food would come from your chest but it's very healthy. As well as efficient. You never need formula." Louis' hands moved up to his chest.

"S'that why my nippies hurt?" The nurse giggled.

"Definitely a factor love. But the doctor will be in in a second." Louis nodded and watched as the nurse disappear out the door and he waited for the doctor to come in. He observed the room. The blue walls and the pictures of foetuses and bulging stomachs. Louis being Louis, didnt know it was an gynaecologist office. And he didn't feel the need to ask.

Eventually a woman in a white coat came in, smile on her lips and a clipboard in her hands.

"Good Morning Mr. Styles." Louis smiled and waved shyly at her before speaking up.

"Louis." The doctor nodded and gave him her hand.

"I'm doctor Turner, and from what I understand you are 16 weeks pregnant." Louis nodded. "Alright Louis, well we have a very good team here to help support you through your pregnancy and the birth and the beginning of your child's life."

"Baby girl." Louis added. Dr. Turner smiled wide at him, chuckling slightly.

"So I just have a few questions to get us off the ground because I understand you were seeing a previous doctor before, correct?" Louis nodded, swinging his legs on the chair.

"Doctor Bonnie. Was nice."

"Well our team is specialised in babies. And one of our prime doctors has worked with 3 other cases of pregnant males. Now, if you could just lay back for me that'd be great." Louis followed Dr. Turner's instructions, lying back and watching her bustle about. She grabbed a stethoscope and a cuff before returning to his side.