XIII

Baby Blue XIII

Greg calls Louis the next morning and Louis blindly picks up. He doesn't regret it though because he gets an earful of compliments until he's beet red over the phone and a very long apology that sounds like Greg thought it through a lot.

Eventually, they hang up though. But Greg is able to visit (thanks to Louis.)

The man shows up at the door with a bag of takeaway and a handful of... Something else. He pushes his way into the room, setting down the takeaway and when Louis looks at him, he reveals a bunch of rosy carnations in his hands. A smile and blush falls onto Louis face as he fingers the stems.

"Why'd you get these?" Greg shrugs.

"They were all out of Im sorry for being a jerk cards." Louis giggles and sets the flowers down.

"They smell nice. And they're beautiful." Greg hums.

"Kind of like you." Louis blushes and stares down at his feet. "Something wrong?" Louis shakes his head.

"It's just... Yesterday wasn't. It wasn't..." Greg's face contorts.

"You mean the kissing?" Louis nods. "I shouldn't have done it I'm sorry. I thought it might've just lightened some things up. Or something. I don't know, I was stupid." Louis shakes his head.

"It's okay I just wasn't expecting it." Greg nods and they blink at each other before Greg clears his throat and they both glance at the takeaway.

"I got Chinese. Can you have Chinese? I can make something else or just-"

"Chinese is fine Greggy." Greg's eyebrows shoot up to his hair line.

"Greggy huh?" Louis giggles and nods. And Greggy is fine with it.

They eat with easy conversation. Over noodles and fried rice. Dumplings and such. And Louis may have casually accepted a bit of food from Gregory. But it was nice.

"So, how's the baby?" Louis swallows thickly, turning his head towards his stomach.

"Mia is okay." Gregory nods and pushes his food from left to right.

"Do you need anything or-?"

"No, I'm fine. We're fine." Greg nods again.

"How far along are you exactly?"

"25 weeks today."

"Do you have like a nursery set up or?" Louis shakes his head.

"Not completely because I was supposed to go home but that doesn't look like it's happening." Greg is silent. "Harry's management pays for the flat. They should keep paying for it to keep me out of trouble. And Haz-Harry said I could pay all my baby bills with his account."

"That's good... Does he have to pay support or something?" Louis shrugs.

"I dunno, my dad never did." Greg flicks his tongue over his lips.

"Can I ask about your dad?" Louis' mind blanks. "You never talk about him. Except when he and Harry are connected." Louis swallows. It feels like his stomach is going to give way. Like he's going to be sick if he spills his most painful secrets about his father. How he abandon him and his mother. The abuse. The physical violence. The screams from his mother. The lack of trust he had for anyone. The first time he inflicted pain upon himself. The day his father found out he was different and the beatings. All the beatings and the sexual torture the little boy went through. It was exhausting. It terrified him to this day.

"He walked out on us when I was 10. He still lived with us when my mum was with mark and when Lottie was born but... She doesn't remember him. She was no older than three." Greg places his hand on Louis'