XI

Baby blue XI

Louis is sobbing. Hysterically. He's wrapped up in a duvet and he can barely see through the frames he has on. He can't stop hyperventilating, despite the fact his best friend is holding him.

Perrie is lacing her fingers through Louis' locks. Whispering sweet nothing's and letting him cry all over her. Nose dripping and tears soaking her clothes, but she doesn't care.

"T-Then Harry said he and Louis n-needed a break. They d-don't need a break." Perrie shushes him and rubs his back. His face is buried in her shoulder. But it's not oddly intimate. It's friends. And they need each other right now. "H-He doesn't love Louis no more."

"Oh I'm sure he does love, he's just a bit scared."

"Louis is scared too but that doesn't mean he should be walked out on!" His tone is rising and his voice cracks after he snaps at her. Perrie doesn't let up though.

"He loves you a lot sweetie, he's just going through a rough patch. He'll get over it."

"He cheated on me." Louis hiccups. It's awful to see really. Watching Louis' happiness and trust and self love slowly uncoil itself from Harry's grooves. The grooves he implanted on Louis heart and just ripped away. Snapped it like a rubber band.

"And he was not even drunk Pezzy." He sniffles and rubs his nose on his sleeve. "I don't know what to do without him. I love him."

"I know love, I know. You're such a strong boy Louis. Such a nice boy you don't deserve this."

"Do too. Was always special like people said. A-And now Hazzy doesn't want me no more." Perrie hugs the boy tighter.

"That's not true lovey." Louis hiccups into her as she talks.

"N-Nothing good about Louis." He mumbles.

"No, babe not at all. You're beautiful and smart and so kind to everyone. You make everyone so happy darling. You're strong and loveable and funny and cute and please don't cry Louis. Im gonna cry too."

"Cannot help it Louis' heart got smashed into little pieces." The blue eyed boy starts sobbing again, this time taking Perrie down with him. Her mascara and eyeliner rushing down her cheeks. Eventually though, the manage to fall asleep.

-

Louis is in Tescos the next morning. His bones are achey and his feet hurt and he can still somewhat hide his tummy if he wears a big jumper. Harry's jumper in particular.

Putting it on killed the boy, but at the same time gave him comfort. It smelt musky and like bananas and strawberries and a little bit of sweat and spicy and sweet and all things Harry. Louis' Harry. Or just Harry now, he supposes. And it breaks him even more.

Louis is pushing his trolley down the toes of the stood when he locks eyes with none other than his professor. Mr. Holmes.

Louis stands silent, until the young man comes over to him. Basket on his arm and a smile on his lips.

"Mr. Tomlinson, how are you?"

Terrible thanks.

"Im okay, h-how are you Mr. Holmes." The man chuckles.

"Just call me Gregory. How's online school going?"

"It's fine." Gregory nods, tongue flicking over his lips and he leans in a bit so only Louis can hear.

"And how's the split going?" Louis' eyes burn an his throat tightens and Gregory takes notice. "Shit, Im sorry." Louis shakes his head, whisking his tears away with the back of his hand.