XV

Baby Blue XV

It's been a week now. A week of Harry being unaware of what has happened in the past few months and despite Louis' constant pestering, he can't recall anything.

Louis doesn't know if he should be grateful or not. Because this doesn't make telling Harry about Mia any easier. Granted, Louis can hide his belly surprisingly well, but it puts a lot of pressure on him to hide his daughter from his own husband. Basically pretend he's fat, although he already feels a bit too overweight anyways.

Harry is still in the hospital and Louis had returned home to do a bit of tidying. He brought Leo back to Peanut and he's never seen a dog lick a cat and lay with her before, but that's just how they are.

He's wiped up the broken glass and the shredded papers. The wedding book remains in tact, granted its has seen better days. He dusts off the shelf where it belongs and sets the black book into place, before a knock disturbs him.

He rushes to the foyer, opening up the door and there stands Gregory. Looking bleak, but hopeful as well.

He's paler. Under eyes tinted purple and his smile is fragile. He looks tired and his shoulders droop and he's just not okay. Louis knows why.

Louis allows Greg to come in, accepting the tea he's gifted from the man, and Greg stares at Louis with big hollow eyes.

"Are you back with Harry?" Louis shrugs. "So I guess you don't want me anymore, right?" Louis watches as Greg smile returns. Obviously fabricated to cover up hurt, but Louis can't blame him.

Gregory had been nothing but sweet to Louis in the short fling they had. He had soft lips and a knack for picking out comfort food and flowers and he got Louis' tea right on the first time. He kept his distance from Louis' stomach and he was thankful for it. Louis knew Greg thought Mia was a bit strange first. More or less the situation, not the girl. But, Greg really really likes Louis. And he thought they really could work out. And Louis wished they did.

"I want you Greggy." Greg chortles, smile returning. This one fake too, but it slips away fast anyways. "I just don't think I want you in that way." Greg nods.

"So, we're breaking up I suppose then?" Louis gulps, but nods. "Wow."

"Im sorry Greg-"

"No darling, don't pity me. I'm grown up enough to know love. He needs you, Mia needs him. You need him. All three of you will be a perfect little family now that he's forgotten everything." Louis pouts.

"I still haven't told Hazzy about Mia, Greg. I... If things don't work out I don't know what I'll do." Greg picks up Louis hand in his, and in an instant, his thumb is skimming across Louis' knuckles.

"If he doesn't take it well, call me. I can give you loans or hospital care or anything. It'll be alright. And if Harry is that dry to let you slip through his fingers after fate gave him another chance, I'll always be here for you." Louis smiles and wraps Greg up in his arms. It doesn't feel like a fling. It doesn't feel like love either. Far from it. Greg feels like comfort and want and protection, and that's what Louis wants and what Louis needs.

"Can I kiss you goodbye?" Louis nods timidly and Greg closes the gap between them. His hand on Louis' cheek is gentle and his lips are soft and Louis wants to sigh. So he does. He wraps his arms around the nan's neck, sighs, and pulls away. Greg leaving one last peck to his nose.

"I'll always be here for you Lou. Student or friend or just a presence." Louis smiles, even though his heart hurts a little bit. Gregory is genuine. And it feels like something is going to happen, because Greg is saying goodbye. Which is what Louis hates.