2: The Fight

I didn't know what to say to him, all kinds of questions were popping in my head after I heard my name come from this strange man's mouth. All I could say was "How do you know my name?"

He looked at me with a very serious face, and after a few seconds he said "Everyone in this city knows who you are and know about all the bad things you have done".

I stared in confusion, did I do something bad? Maybe that was why Sophie was so mad at me before. At first I thought I had slept for these lost months but after this information something clicked in my head. I wasn't asleep, my body was awake, but I didn't remember anything. What could I have done that was so bad for this man to be chasing me?

I didn't know what to say to this intimidating individual so I asked the first question that came to me "What did I do?" He looked at me as if I was joking and answered "Don't ask a question when you already know the answer. Now I'm going to have to take you down Chike!"

Immediately after I heard this sentence I could feel a force about to reach me. Without even realizing it this man was standing behind me, but my hand was grabbing his hand.

What just happened? I couldn't even see him going behind me but somehow I had grabbed his hand. I looked at him in amazement but he didn't have the same reaction, he wasn't even surprised, we must have done this before when I was not myself.

After a few seconds of staring he was gone and suddenly a punch landed in my jawline making me fly into a wall. A pain I hadn't felt in my whole life was going through me, especially in my back, but after a few seconds I was standing up as if nothing had happened to me. All the pain was suddenly gone. Immediately after I stood up an anger rose inside of me and with it I could feel a strange power rising inside my body. Directly after this I threw myself to him. I saw him try to escape but he wasn't quick enough to get away from me. I managed to grab his leg and threw him to a dumpster with a strength I didn't know I had. He flew about 10 meters before hitting the floor.

I thought he was done, but to my surprise, he slowly began to stand up.

When he finally was on his feet I asked "Who are you?"

"The Flash, but you already knew that"

The Flash, what kind of name was that? It sounded like a name a superhero from a comic book would have. But I guess he was very fast so maybe he was a superhero.

While my mind was somewhere else I was pulled out from this thought as I sensed that an attack was going to come from my right so instinctively I ducked. I looked upwards and there I saw Flash missing his punch, without even thinking I hit him as hard as I could. Again he flew upwards and fell to the ground looking almost defeated. I could sense that he was almost done so I was about to throw myself at him again when I felt something in my pocket. I could have sworn it was empty when I began this fight.

I went through my pocket and the Sword of Anubis was in it. I thought I have left it  in my apartment. I looked closely at it and an inscription that I haven't noticed before was there and it said "hadha alssayf sawf hadiat lakum quwwat alaliha"

I couldn't understand what it said but I blinked and it was translated right in forms of me and it said "This sword will gift you with the power of the Gods".

I was really confused but immediately after reading this I felt the need to rest the sword in my chest. When I did this a light came from the sword and I could see it go inside me. I didn't feel any pain and when the light disappeared I was okay. Eventually I realized that I was more than okay, I could feel an immense power flow through my body.

I extended my hand pointing to the, now standing , Flash. I opened my palm and as I opened it a ray of black light shot from my hand hitting Flash directly in the chest, shooting him to the nearby wall knocking him out.

I went to check on the now harmless Flash and checked his pulse, he was still alive, but knocked out. I saw the opportunity and ran as fast as I could to my department . To my surprise after a few minutes I was standing right in front of my door. I hadn't realized how fast I had ran. I entered the apartment quietly since it was midnight and sat on the couch.

This was when all that had happened that night really sank in.

A man named the Flash had tried to take me out because of all the bad things I had done that I couldn't remember. Then we fought and I shot a ray of black light from my hand. But what shocked me the most was that he called me Chike. What did that even mean? But as soon as I thought of that question, the answer came to me.

The Power of God.