1: The Beggining

My name is Tomas Steller and I was a student at Central City's University in which I was studying psychology. Even though I was studying to be a psychologist my real passion belonged to ancient artifacts, I visited twice a week the Central City Museum of History. I considered myself very shy so I didn't have many friends, I only had Sophie Vogel . She had been my friend since we were 14. We met in high school and we were still best friends, we had our ups and downs during the years but we were still able to maintain our friendship.

It was a normal night for me as I finished my classes and I was thinking to go to the Museum I loved so much. I had asked Sophie if she wanted to go with me but she politely declined, she usually went with me. But this time she had a reason, this night was the day Star Labs was going to activate the particle accelerator which would bring hundreds of scientific advances all over the globe, this is what she said after me asking why she couldn't go. Sophie was very excited about this and this probably was because she was, as I sometimes called her, a nerd. She said her goodbyes and left in a hurry for Star Labs and I started walking to the Museum.

After a 20 minute walk I finally arrived. I entered the museum and went directly to my favorite exhibit , The Egyptian Sword of Anubis. I thought this sword was the most interesting exhibit in the museum not only because nobody had any idea where it came from or what it was used for but because this sword awakened a feeling that I loved... intrigue.

As I was thinking about what it might had been used for and the origins of this special sword I suddenly heard an explosion and immediately after a wave of energy went directly through me.This explosive wave threw me flying through the air only to land on top of the sword I was admiring only seconds before. I suffered as the sword penetrated my skin and making me pass out almost instantly. Only before I passed out I looked in front of me and saw someone looking at me. I was trying to focus on this figure but finally my body gave up and my eyes closed.

*****

10 months later...

I opened my eyes after what it seemed to be ages. But what I found was very confusing. I was in my department but it looked different, the walls were black even though I remembered them as green and a huge television was in front of my bed. I found this even more confusing since I never owned a TV . I was kind of an old school guy who preferred listening to the radio and reading and not distracting myself with a TV.

I looked to my side and was amazed with what was on the table. The Egyptian Sword of Anubis was laying over the table. How did it get there? Did I steal it? My brain was filling with questions and when I saw the newspaper my brain felt like it overheated with all this new confusing information. I looked at the date, it was October. I didn't understand I thought we were in January. Did I just sleep for 10 months? I started to sweat and my body started to shake. I couldn't understand what was happening. If I slept for 10 months why didn't anybody notice? How did I get from the Museum to here? Why was my room different? And finally why the Sword of Anubis was in my table?

After sitting for an hour trying to think and mainly breath, I finally thought something useful, "Sophie!" I shouted to myself. She must know what happened to me. So I stepped through the door and went directly to Sophie's department.

After a thoughtful 20 minute walk I finally arrived to her apartment. I was about to knock but the door suddenly opened and Sophie came out. She looked different, her hair was longer and her hair was dyed brown, she was naturally blonde, I almost didn't recognize her but as soon as she turned around I knew it was her, I could recognize those beautiful brown eyes anywhere.

Surprisingly for me as soon as I was approaching her to hug her she slapped me with all her force. I was even more confused than when I woke up. Why would she do that? I was about to yell at her when a shout came from her mouth " What the hell are you doing here! I told you to stay the hell away from me!" She was shouting with an emotion I hadn't seen in her before. She was extremely angry and I didn't know why. So the only thing that could come out of my mouth was a confused "What the hell are you talking about Sophie?" She looked directly into my eyes, this was the angriest I ever saw her be and I just couldn't understand why and this frustrated me. She stopped yelling to me for a minute and started looking at the floor when I saw a tear coming from her falling to the ground. In tears she said "Please Tomas, just go". I looked at her in disbelief, even though I couldn't understand why she was so hurt, I could see that my presence there was only hurting her more so I decided to comply to her request and leave without saying another word.

I was walking back to my apartment and thinking about everything that had happened during that long and confusing day. I was so mad at myself for not understanding anything that had happened. I felt that nothing could make that day worse but I was extremely wrong. I was watching Central City's skyline when I felt a force passing by me. I blinked and suddenly a person was standing right in front of me. He was wearing a red suit with a lighting bolt symbol in his chest. How did he do that? I asked myself, but before I could think of another thing a voice came from that man and it said "I've been looking for you Tomas Steller"