2 - Unseen

Marinette felt weird. She felt light. Really, really light. She felt like she was literally floating. Why? What was going on? What was she doing again?

She was fighting an Akuma. One that had to do with... Gaming. Right. She... No, he. He had a lot of items and he hit her with his boomerang. She remembers an explosion. After that everything is a blur.

It was hard to open her eyes. They were heavy. But still, she had to open them. She had to purify that Akuma. With all the strength she had left, she opened her eyes. What she saw was something she didn't expect. In fact, it wasn't even the last thing she would have expected.

Marinette was inside a room, one that seemed to belong to a hospital. She was standing in front of the bed, in which there was someone sleeping. Surprise, surprise; that someone was herself.

Marinette couldn't believe what her eyes were seeing. She was literally looking at herself, laying on a hospital bed, with a tube connected to her mouth. What?! What on Earth is this?! Why am I there, and here too?

She calmed down and started checking... Herself. Blue eyes, dark hair, freckles, earrings... The earrings were missing. She checked her own ears just to be sure, but they weren't there either. This was surely someone very similar to her.

She tried to sit down, but seconds later she passed through the chair. Now she was sitting on the floor. This was scaring her. What was going on?

Maybe she had hit her head with something, and she was dreaming crazy stuff. Maybe walking around this dream could help her wake up sooner.

She headed to the door to exit the room. When she was about to open the door, a doctor and a nurse opened it first, and entered the room. Marinette thought they were going to crash or something, but she could clearly feel when the two individuals passed through her. Now this scared her to death.

What?! WHAAAT???!!! She gulped and got closer to the doctor, who was standing on the right side of the bed. Marinette started passing her hand through the doctor's face. That was happening.

Alright, so she could pass through objects and people, and apparently she was invisible. She was some kind of... Ghost.

The doctor started talking. "It was a brain trauma, correct?" he asked the nurse. She nodded and he proceed to write that on his folder. He checked the files and said "Let's see here... Miss Marinette Dupain-Cheng fell in a state of come due to an Akuma, who attacked her and made her hit her head, so the coma was caused by a brain trauma".

"According to Chat Noir, that is" the nurse added, checking her own notes. Marinette's mouth was wide open. She was in a coma?! Because of the Akuma?!

She thought about it for a second. It was probably that explosion. But the question is; why was she a spirit? If she was in a coma, then her body got separated from her soul? Is that even supposed to happen?

"Let's let her rest for now, she's getting some visits later" he said, and then they both left the room, passing through Marinette once again.

###

Marinette stayed in the room for three hours, thinking about her situation. How to solve it? Why was it happening? She couldn't answer those questions alone. She needed someone. She needed Tikki. But Marinette didn't have her earrings.

Even though, she was worried about another thing. The fact that she was a freaking ghost. Well, that's what she thought.

She wouldn't be able to think about that now though, because three people entered the room. The doctor and her parents. Marinette wanted to run to them and give them a big hug, but she remembered that she would pass right through them.

Marinette formed fists and gripped them hard. She wanted to cry, to scream. Tom grabbed her body's hand, and Marinette felt a slight tickling. Then it disappeared.
Both of her parents' eyes started to let out tears.
The bluenette couldn't bear to see her parents cry, and it got worse when they started talking to her.

"Mari... Please wake up... We miss you..." said Sabine, between sobs. Tom continued, "My little girl... Don't leave us alone... Please...".

She wanted to scream and she did so. "I'm right here! Don't cry! I'm right here with you, by your side! Please... Don't cry... Notice me...". Her voice was getting lower with each word.

With tears coming out of her bluebell eyes, Marinette exited the room, looking at the floor. She heard fast-paced footsteps, like someone was running. She looked up and saw Alya.

She was running towards Marinette. The bluenette forgot about everything that had happened and opened her arms to receive those warm hugs Alya always gives her. Instead, she felt as her best friend passed through her.

Wounded on the inside, Marinette left the hospital.

###

Nino and Adrien went to the hospital as well, but one hour later after Alya. Nino had a ladybug plushie and Adrien a bouquet of pink roses. They entered the room and left the gifts on the table.

Adrien gripped his left arm. The guilt was consuming him. "I'm sorry Marinette... I really am...". Nino sobbed his back.

"Don't worry Adrien, she'll get better. You'll see" he tried to make his friend feel better. "I hope..." said Adrien as he grabbed Marinette's hand.
He'll make sure his Princess gets better.

###

Sorry for not uploading after the 10 votes, but homework is CONSUMING my entire free time. My grades are getting low so I need to get serious about them. But here is the second chapter! 10 votes for the next one! (Hey, I need time).

Bai-Bai 👋👋👋