5 - Searching for Help

Someone that she knows... Someone that she knows... Well, Marinette knew a lot of people. That didn't help very much. Maybe Master Fu ment someone she knew, but wasn't someone close to her. Like, CLOSE CLOSE. She decided she would start with that category first.

First person on the list was Manon... Nah. Then there was Nadia. Could be.

She quickly went to where she thought she could find the reporter: the TV station. After some minutes of running, she entered the building and walked to Nadia's office. Marinette sighed. Nothing. She saw Manon there and called her, but as Marinette had predicted, the little girl didn't hear a thing.

Who was next? She thought about it and most of her classmates came to mind. Max, Kim, Rose, and the others. Sadly, she didn't know where they lived; BUT she did know when they went to school and what they liked to do there. She made a quick mind-list:

1. Max and Kim were usually talking together next the lockers.

2. Chloe usually commanded Sabrina to do something.

3. Rose and Jukeka were probably next to a pole talking.

4. Lila... Who cares?

5. Nathaniel always stayed in the class and drew something.

6. She didn't know very much about Mylene, but that girl always goes to the bathroom before class starts.

7. Ivan... Sat down on a bench.

8. Alix was probably inside the locker's room, cleaning her roller skates.

9. Nino and Adrien were probably talking.

10. Alya.

Marinette stopped. Alya and somehow Nino and Adrien already fell into the category of close friends. However, she didn't have much time to think. She checked the hour. The recess had just started. Running once again, the bluenette made her way to the school. She entered and saw everything she had thought about happening.

Max and Kim talking next to the lockers.

Chloe commanding Sabrina to kill a spider.

Jukeka laying on a pole as she talked to Rose.

Lila nowhere.

Nathaniel wasn't there, so he probably was still inside the classroom.

Mylene was making her way to the lockers so she could be near the bathroom.

Ivan was sitting on a bench, although he was looking dreamily at Mylene.

She saw Alix through a window, cleaning her roller skates.

Nino was talking to... Alya?! And Adrien was nowhere to be found. She walked to the couple and listened to what they were saying.

"Yeah, I know..." Nino said, looking down to his feet. He seemed sad, like really sad. Maybe it had to do with Adrien?

"I feel you Nino... So, uh, why didn't Adrien come today?" she asked as she placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked up at her and noticed that she was trying to avoid the subject previously discussed. Nino sighed and stood straight again.

"He texted right after class ended. He told me his father accidentally arranged a photoshoot session during school hours".

"But he'll come right after it ends, right?" she asked, sounding desperate. Marinette thought; that's the tone Alya uses when she wants to talk to somebody desperately, why would she want to talk to Adrien? Her thoughts were interrupted by Nino.

"No, with the make-up and all the clothes he has to wear, he'll be wasted. He told me he would miss school for today" he said.

"Oh..." Alya finally said, before leaving to go to class. Nino sighed and followed behind.

Marinette didn't know what else to do. Not even Alya could see her. The poor girl was starting to lose hope. She still had Adrien, but she didn't think he would be the one. They didn't know each other that much.

Marinette slowly walked out of school and headed home. She knew it wouldn't be either her mother or her father, since she saw them in the park and they didn't notice her. When she arrived to the bakery, she gasped. It was closed.

It was never supposed to be closed. They were in working hours! She passed through and no one was on the bakery floor. She used the stairs to get to the apartment and her parents were sitting on the couch, watching a photo album. When Marinette got closer, she noticed that the two of them were asleep as their hands rested on top of one photo of herself.

Her eyes became glassy, so she quickly ran to her room and saw it was completely clean and everything was in its place. Her parents were waiting for her to come back.

Marinette couldn't lose hope, at least, not yet.

###

This chapter was shorter than the previous one, but hey, it's a chapter! Hope I'll be able to write soon!

Bai-bai 👋👋👋