15 - Noon of the Second Day

Adrien exited the limo and Marinette did the same just as Nathalie closed the door. She just passed through. After everything they had talked about during the breaks at school, Marinette didn't stammer anymore. She got to learn a ton of things about him. For example, he didn't like to sign autographs and that his first reaction to Plagg was saying the Kwami was like the genie in the lamp. She had asked him why he was such a flirt as Chat Noir. Adrien then explained that he didn't flirt with every girl in Paris. He said that he had only flirted with Marinette and Ladybug. She chuckled when he told her that, since she is Ladybug. Then, she asked a question with an answer that would roam around her mind during the whole photoshoot.

###

Marinette chuckled. Why? Because Adrien didn't know that she was Ladybug. A question then poped inside her head.

"So why would you only flirt with me and Ladybug?" Marinette asked, making Adrien's eyes look up so he could think of an answer. After some seconds, he looked back at her.

"You... Because I simply wanted to see you behavior around Chat, since you always stammered when you were around me as a civilian, and also because I wanted to conceal my identity" he paused "Ladybug... Well, Ladybug... I, uh, I was in love with her".

Marinette felt her heart skip a beat with that last sentence. So Chat flirted with her because he was in love? She had always thought that he was just joking around! However, when she analyzed the sentence again, she realized he had talked in past tense. He said 'I was in love with her'. Was? He wasn't anymore? What could that mean?

###

What if he had fallen in love with another girl? Marinette hoped that wasn't the case. She had just learned to accept the flirty side of Adrien, which only rose when he used the black, tight cat suit.

She was taken out of her thoughts when Adrien got out of the dresser. He was using black pants, black elegant shoes, a black beret that had been placed slightly more inclined to the left, a dark orange shirt that he was using outside of the pants and a black vest that was shorter than the shirt. Marinette knew why he was using that outfit. She looked at the sky, then back at Adrien. It matches the colors of the sunset. She couldn't stop herself from smiling when Adrien started posing immediately. The vibe that the photographer, the model and the scenery wanted to transmit was calming. The poses Adrien did, made him look like some kind of artist looking for inspiration in a place as peaceful as the Louvre during a sunset just like that one. Marinette wished she was the one taking the pictures. The photoshoot went on for 30 minutes.

"No, no! This is not working as it should be! We need more spaghetti! Romantic... No! Something more discreet and deep... Mmhh..." the photographer exclaimed, making Adrien and Marinette sigh simultaneously. The photographer stared at Adrien, who turned to Marinette. She smiled at him and he gave her a sweet smile back, while still sitting in a modeling pose.

"YES! PERFETTO!". Then, the photographer moved his things and Adrien stood still, keeping the smile. The angle was one in which Adrien wasn't looking at the camera, but someone could still see his whole face.

"Now, wink as if you were doing it to impress a girl and to make her blush. Imagine that. On the count of three". Adrien thought for a moment and then knew exactly how to do it.

"One".

He didn't have to imagine it.

"Two".

He could easily do it for real if he wanted to.

"Three".

And he did it. He winked directly at Marinette in such a way that made her look away in embarrassment. The photographer started squealing in excitement since the photo turned out perfect. Adrien smiled at him and then at Marinette. She smiled back, still with a faint, not noticeable blush on her cheeks. She could swear she saw Chat wink at her in that moment, not Adrien. He acted perfectly.