4 - A Solution

Marinette hadn't eaten in two days and she wasn't hungry, not even a little bit. She didn't know what to do. No one could see her, no one could hear her. No one could help her. She thought she was lost. Marinette was also worried sick because of her earrings. Her body didn't have them and her spirit didn't have them either, obviously. Maybe she could check the park where she was fighting the Akuma.

She walked there. Even though she was a ghost, she couldn't fly but she felt like she was floating. "Couldn't you at least give me the ability to fly?" she complained to no one in particular. She was crossing the road, like a normal person, looking down and thinking about her situation so deeply that she didn't realize a car was about to crash with her.

It passed right through.

Marinette thought of this as an advantage. Maybe she couldn't fly, but she could pass through things. She ran around the streets, and reached her destiny quicker than expected. She started looking for her earrings, but then saw a baby cat that was about to fall from a tree.

Marinette didn't think about it twice and ran to the tree to save the poor creature. The little thing slipped and started falling. She wasn't going to make it, so she jumped to the rescue. Marinette extended her arms to catch the cat.

After some seconds she opened her eyes, hoping to see the kitty in her grip. The only thing she saw was a pair of brown paws. She felt something moving behind her, she looked back and saw a tail.

She was inside the cat's body.

She could overshadow bodies.

Sweet mother of Termina.

That was amazing.

I like writing one-line things because it adds amazement.

Okay, so maybe being a ghost had its good sides. Now, she had to figure out how to get out of the cat. It didn't take long. She just had to think about it and poof, she was outside.

The cat was a bit confused but when it came to its senses it ran away. After that, Marinette also came to her senses and saw her parents sitting on a bench. They were staring blankly at the fountain... And Marinette knew why.

She remembered that when she was little, she would always throw a coin inside to make a wish. It was the same wish every time. "I wish to be a fashion designer when I grow up". On her current age, she's close to achieving it. That wish hadn't changed since then.

It hurt her badly not to be able to comfort her parents. What could she do? She couldn't just overshadow someone random, walk to her parents and say "Mom, dad, it's me! Marinette! I'm inside this random body because I am a ghost and I can overshadow people! Don't worry!". That was being nuts. They would probably sent a restraining order or something worse.

She decided to just walk away. Her earrings didn't seem to be there anyway.

.
.
.

What happened to the Akuma anyways? She remembered seeing him running away, but that was almost a complete blur, so she wasn't sure about it. Marinette truly hoped Chat would be able to capture the Akuma, at least until she came back. Well, if she came back. A coma is a serious case and her body and soul weren't even together anymore! Right. She had to figure out what was happening and why was it happening. This sure as heck wasn't normal, at least from what she knew.

She knew people that came out of a coma and they only remembered the stuff before the brain trauma. They never mentioned anything about ghosts, overshadowing or passing through objects and people.

She suddenly thought of someone that could help her. She quickly ran there and entered without knocking the door. She couldn't anyway. Once inside she started screaming his name.

"Master Fu! Are you here?". Maybe he could see her since he is a master and everything. He appeared after some seconds and left a cup of tea on his desk. He didn't seem to have seen her. Great...

She had to contact him somehow... There was a pen and a piece of paper on that same desk as well. That could help somehow. Marinette tried to grab the pen, but it kept passing through her hand.

"C'mon... Grab it...". She concentrated as much as she could and grabbed it at the end. This was tiring her really quickly so she wrote on the paper swiftly.

Marinette finished and fell to the ground. It seemed that grabbing a pen could tire her out almost completely. Obviously, Master Fu noticed that a freaking pen was writing on its own. He got closer and read the message.

While he was reading he gasped. Marinette hoped he believed what was written there.

"Well... If what happened to you is true, and you are a ghost; there is one person that can actually see you and listen to you," Master Cu thought for a moment and continued "I don't know exactly who it is, but I do know that it is someone you know".

He added "Maybe you are wondering how do I know this... Simple, it has happened before," he smiled "Good luck".

Marinette smiled and left the room. So there was someone that could help her! The search would be hard, but she had hope, and that's all she needed.

###

Update!! I'm finally on vacation! It is for one week, but it is better than nothing! So who is the helper? And how will they help Marinette? I'll try to update soon!

Bai-bai 👋👋👋