Chapter 20

Kat's POV

*Wednesday*

Today is the day. The day I meet with that wretched man. I still cannot fathom why he would just take her away from me like that. I want to know what was going through his head when he made the decision that he was going to kidnap my mother.

My phone rings and interrupts my thoughts. It's Ricky. I hope he got what I asked him for.

"Hey Ricky." I don't say his name too loud because I don't want Olly and Jacob to have him on the record of people that I've communicated with.

"Hey Kat. I have what you wanted." He says.

"Good, when can I get it? I can't really leave the house unattended and everyone who visits is searched before they can enter. It was Louis' orders and the guards have to obey." I tell him.

"I'll leave it in the restroom at the mall. You can pick it up from there. I'll text you the stall number in a few minutes." He informs.

"Okay. Thanks alot. By the way, how much do I owe you?" I ask.

"It's free if charge for a lovely-"

"Rickyyy" I scold. He never stops.

"Sorry, you know I'll never stop trying. It is free by the way."

"Thank you Ricky." I say and I hang up.

All I need to do now is go to the mall which shouldn't be hard at all because the guards will let me go as long as I'm accompanied by either one of them or Louis himself.

Speaking of Louis, I feel terrible for doing all of this on my own and not telling him. He's been doing so much to keep me safe and help me find my mother and all I'm doing is hiding things from him and the rest of the boys.

I have another problem right now. Connor wanted a ransom and he texted me earlier that he wanted £50 000. I have a vague idea if where I can get the money from. I could ask the rest of the boys to help me out. I'll give them the money back since I'm not going to actually give it to Connor. I'm going to get rid of him and get my mother back.

I get a text from Ricky. It's probably the stall number.

***

Ground Floor Stall 4

***

Good. Now all I need to do is get to the mall, so I go downstairs to where Olly and Jacob usually are.

I see Jacob sitting in a corner in the kitchen facing the door and Olly is nowhere to be seen.

"Hi Jacob." I smile.

"Good day Miss Austen." He stands from his seat and sets his newspaper on the table before giving me an army salute. Wow, Louis really did hire the best guys to keep me safe and I love him for it.

"Please, I told you gentlemen to call me Kat. I know Louis told you not to but I'm giving you permission."

"I apologise. Good day Kat." He corrects himslef.

"Good day Jacob. Where's Olly?" I ask just to make conversation before I ask to go to the mall.

"He's guarding the second floor Miss- I mean Kat. My apologies again. "

"Okay thank you Jacob and don't worry about it, I'm sure it's not easy disobeying orders." I laugh.

"It's not easy but I'll get used to it." He says.

"That's good. Now, I have a .... request."

"Yes mam?" He says but I don't correct him.

"I need to go to the mall to buy some things. You see, I'm on my per-"

"No need to explain Miss Austen. I'll call Mr Tomlinson right away. He might want to take you."

I knew that would work. Nobody ever argues with a menstruating woman, although I'm not really menstruating, I just needed an excuse that wouldn't be questioned.

I wait while Jacob retreats to the living room to call Louis. He comes back a minute later.

"Mr Tomlinson is busy in the recording studio at the moment and therefore requested that I take you instead, if that's okay with you, that is. If it isn't, I'll call Mr Tomlinson right away to arrange someth-"

"It's perfectly fine Jacob, really. I have a question though."

"What is it?" He asks.

"Are all the boys in the studio?" I ask.

"No mam, today Mr Tomlinson and Mr Horan are in studio." He answers.

This is good. "Then I have another request." I say.

"Yes?" He asks.

"I want Harry to go with me to the mall." I say. I need to ask him about the money. I'm sure he'll lend it to me. I have until 11 tonight to plan this. If all goes well Connor will be dead/in prison, my mother will be back. Harry will have his money back and everyone will be safe.

Harry has been a good friend through all of this. He's checked up on me the most. Not even my family cares more than he does. The only person who cares more for me than Harry does is Louis. I am really grateful for having such amazing friends and an even more amazing boyfriend.

Jacob comes back and lets me know that Harry said okay. I run upstairs to put some shoes on and fix my hair and I was in the car and on my way to pick Harry up in no time. Now I just have to hope he'll help me with this.

xxxx

Okay I know it's really short but I'm writing this fanfic after such a long time. I had to read some stuff to remember what was going on so it took me a while. I also updated my other fanfic today so that's why this one took so long.

Anyway this story is officially back but it will take longer to update than my other fanfic because my other one is my priority at the moment.

Love you guys and thank you for 1.8k reads. You guys are amazing and I love you all. Have a great week!!

-CraZyCarr0t ★★★ :) Xx