Chapter 21

Terrence

They moved out 3 months ago now I'm in this big ass house all alone and it ain't nobody fault but my own. I'm happy she didn't leave this time and that I can still see the kids. We see each other pretty much when ever we want they just stay with her. The divorce was finalized last week. We spilt our saving in half and kept our own bank accounts. That was pretty much all the money except the kids college money, we didn't touch that. I still talk to Denise. We're not together or anything like that. Emily been talking to this dude named Jamal. He got a daughter named Breanna, he live 15 minutes from Emily, he never been arrested, he's single and his wife died giving birth. I wouldn't call myself a stalker or nothing like that. I just wanna know who's around my kids. I think that's pretty understandable. The doorbell rung shaking me out of my thoughts. "Who is it?", I asked as I walked to the door.

"Me daddy!", I heard Olivia say. I opened the door and we hugged. "Hey daddy.".

"Hey baby girl.". Emily was leaning on the car looking at us. She ran to Emily and hugged her. After they let go she ran into the house. "Where's Jayden?".

"With Jamar, he'll be over later.", she said before getting into the car. I closed the door after she pulled off. When I turned around Olivia was standing behind me smiling.

"What?"

"Can we make cookies?"

"Yeah, we gotta go to the store though."

"Okay.". She went to her room and I went to change into some clothes.

Emily

I'm about to go get lunch with Jamal. When I saw Terrence with that girl I felt some type of way and decided to take Jamal up on his offer. I'm happy I did, he's a really sweet guy.

...

"Hey.", I said when I made it to the table. He looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Hey beautiful.". We hugged then he pulled the chair out for me.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome.", he said sitting back down. I told the waiter what I wanted to drink then he left. "How's your day going so far?".

"Its good, yours?"

"It just got better.". I smiled and opened the menu. "What are you doing today?".

"Nothing, what's up?", I asked looking up.

"You wanna go to the gym with me?"

"Mhm.", I said shaking my head. After I found what I wanted to eat I closed the menu. The waiter took our orders then took our menus and left.

Terrence

"Do you like mommy's new boyfriend?", I asked Olivia as we made cookies.

"Mommy don't have a boyfriend, they're just friends."

"Do you like her friend?". She shrugged her shoulders.

"He's nice I guess. Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"Why don't we live with you anymore?"

"Well baby girl, I-". The bell went off saying somebody opened the door.

"Dad?", Jayden called.

"We're in the kitchen!". He walked in the kitchen.

"Hey dad, hey Liv."

"Hey.", I said.

"Hey Jayden.", Olivia said.

"All done.", I said talking about the cookies. She ran out of the kitchen.

"Slow down!", I said. I put the cookies in the oven and washed my hands. I dried my hands and turned around. Jayden was eating the cookie dough. He smiled. "So, Emily and Jamal.".

"What about them?"

"They serious?"

"No. You and Denise serious?"

"It ain't nothin' like that."

"You think it's yo' baby?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Congratulations.", he said grinning. I just looked at him and he starred laughing. I snatched the bowl and spoon from him. He smacked his lips. "I wasn't done.".

"You are now."

Emily

When I pulled up to the gym I didn't see Jamal so I called him. He picked up after the second ring.

Jamal:Hello?
Me:Hey, I'm at the gym.
Jamal:I'm right down the street.
Me:Okay, I'll wait for you.
Jamal:Alright.

I hung up the phone and sat in my car listening to music until he came. When he came I turned my car off grabbed my stuff and got out. He didn't have a shirt on. God that body. "You must see something you like.", he said smiling. I smiled and looked away. We went in and started working out.

...

"You don't look like you had 3 kids, you look amazing.", Jamal said.

"Thank you.", I said smiling.

"If you don't mind me asking how old were you when you had Nathan."

"Nathan's not my biological son."

"So 2 kids?"

"No, 3. Jayden had a twin sister."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Oh no, don't be."

"How? If you don't mind me asking."

"Heart problems.". He shook his head. Before he could say anything his phone rung.

"I gotta take this, it's my daughter.". I shook my head and finished what I was doing.

"Hello?,Hey baby girl,Yes,Okay,I love you too,Bye.". He ended the call. "You busy tonight?".

"No, why?"

"You wanna go catch a movie and get dinner?"

"Sure."

...

"Did you like the movie?", Jamal asked as he pulled my chair out.

"No, it was scary as fuck. I was damn near on your lap.". He laughed as he sat down.

"That's true.". We told the waitress what we wanted to drink then she left. "So I got a question. What happened to your last relationship.".

"My husband cheated on me while I had cancer. He said 'a man got needs.'.", I said rolling my eyes.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"Wow. That is the most selfish thing I have ever heard."

"Tell me about it."

"You didn't deserve that. He didn't deserve you."

"I know that, now."

...

"Did you have a good time?", Jamal asked as he walked me to my door.

"Yes."

"Maybe next time I can cook for you."

"No.", I said quickly. I said yeah last time and got raped, that won't happen again. "I don't know you well enough to be in your house.".

"I understand.", he said shaking his head. "Breakfast tomorrow?".

"I'd like that.". He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Goodnight beautiful."

"Goodnight."