Chapter 56- Trust Equals Truth, Right?

Thursday, February 2nd 5:10PM

Seymour Dojo and Fitness Center

When Jamie got to the dojo she was relieved that her uncles weren't around. She quickly checked the phones for messages. There was only a very vague message saying it was her school calling in regards to her. No real information, but more than enough to turn her uncles into inquisitors. As she deleted the message, she reminded herself that they would never have to know. They wouldn't really care about what had been done to Aaron, and none of them would punish her. However, they would probably blame Korbin for her make out plan. That would be completely unfair, especially since he had been so against it in the first place.

With a grimace at the reminder of Korbin's disinterest, Jamie started setting up the computer. It wasn't long until Sondra, Hillary, and Danica arrived.

Jamie avoided Sondra's eyes and blushed when she finally worked up the nerve to ask, "Did you watch the video before deleting it?"

Sondra grinned and wiggled her eyebrows as she teased, "Oh yeah."

Jamie immediately turned a brighter red and Danica and Hillary demanded information.

Sondra quickly filled them in and when Sondra finished explaining, Danica grinned wickedly and insisted, "Video time."

The computer was ready, so Jamie nodded and accessed the security site. Sondra helped find the video, and soon they were watching Jamie and Korbin. They sat in silence until Jamie and Korbin were out of camera range.

Jamie had turned bright red again.

Danica breathed out, "Wow."

Hillary said quietly, "I knew that you were spending a lot of time together, but I didn't know that you were that serious."

"No, you have the wrong idea." Jamie shook her head and tried to explain, "We haven't... It isn't like that. All we did was kiss," and stopped in confusion.

Danica watched with a bemused expression as Jamie stumble over her words. After a minute, Danica exchanged glances with Hillary and Sondra, then turned and reassured Jamie, "Don't worry, we don't care how fast you guys move. We are just glad Korbin found a girlfriend that we could get along with."

Sondra and Hillary nodded that they felt the same. Jamie shook her head and insisted, "We faked the whole make out scene. It wasn't real."

Danica raised her eyebrow and said doubtfully, "It looked real enough to me."

Sondra and Hillary got quiet and waited for Jamie to answer. With all three staring and waiting for an answer, Jamie finally admitted, "I know that I meant it, but I don't think Korbin feels the same."

Danica mused, "It looked real for Korbin too. Why don't you think he feels the same way? How does he usually kiss?"

Jamie hesitated before admitting, "That was our first kiss. I had to work hard to convince him, and he apologized afterward."

Hillary exchanged frowns with Sondra and Danica before muttering, "What is wrong with him?"

"NOTHING is wrong with Korbin." Jamie insisted defensively, and then bit her lip. They really cared, Jamie thought in shock. It wasn't just because Korbin was in their friend group. Sondra had hacked the school system for her, and Danica and Hillary were so supportive. Guilt washed over her, and Jamie couldn't take the lies any more. Good friends deserved the truth.

Jamie took a deep breath and held their eyes as she confessed, "We aren't dating. Korbin figured out that I was terrified of people being in my space. He agreed to keep my secret while helping me face my fear. I thought I was getting better, but I froze around Aaron today."