Chapter 1

Rick let his eyes scan over the soldiers and officers as they began securing Midway City after the events with the Enchantress.

   Captain Boomerang and Deadshot were being checked over by medics, Killer Croc was nursing a beer he'd snatched from somewhere (and everyone was too frightened to approach him) completely comfortable.

  His eyes narrowed as he watched Waller head over to one of the SUV's without a second glance. How in the hell that women survived he didn't quite know himself.......

   June was being inspected by a few doctors and he himself stood only a few feet away, hovering close to intervene at any moment.

  That just left one person........

A familiar scent of strawberries and French perfume filled his nostrils and he felt Harley before he saw her. She wrapped an arm around his shoulder and he on instinct, removed her arm, causing the women to pout up at him, blue eyes mockingly sad.

"I thought you'd gotten over being embarrassed by being friends with us." She teased, Rick rolled his eyes, but allowed a small smile.

  "You did good today. Proved that deep down, you're a good person still Harley," he glanced around before leaning in subtly, "if you need anything don't hesitate to call. I.....I got your back." he held out a card and she stared at it, as though it was the first time she had ever seen such an item.

  "Aw, and I thought you didn't like me," She fluttered her lashes before sobering up, "Thank you." She accepted the card, memorizing the numbers before shoving it in her shirt.

  Rick nodded and glanced back where June was being evaluated still and Harley followed his gaze. "You helped save her. You could bolted, gotten your old life back, but you choose to save the world instead."

  Harley shrugged and adjusted her bat on her shoulders. "Eh, living in a fantasy isn't much fun. Besides, a new adventure is around every corner." She winked.

   June called him and he glanced at her before turning to the platinum blond before him. "Take care of yourself Harley."

   She smiled and nudged his shoulder, her red lips stretched into a bright smile. "I always do. And take care of your girl. Tell her I said she's real lucky."

  Rick furred his brows. "Why?"

Harley smiled sadly, yet knowingly. "She's got one of the few good guys left."

    So, I've been thinking about this couple for a long while, I thought they really could have had something going. So, I decided to test the waters. I will continue, please give a comment so I can know if I kept them in character or not... thank you. 😊