Chapter 3: Hogwarts, year 5

Lily-Anne looks up and looks the young man in the eye for a moment, Fred just smiles at her, waiting for an answer, hoping to soon know the name of this girl. Fred Weasley, Lily-Anne thinks, one of them, one of those geniuses who created this entire store from the ground up. The ones she had admired for their wit and creativity for such a long time, things she herself lacked, since she was more focussed on intellectual things and never really could think of something that creative. But then she focusses on Fred again, who was still standing there, smiling widely, his eyes glistening softly, and she smiles.

'Oh, sorry... I am Lily-Anne, Lily-Anne...Reves.'

Again the lie, but it was the only way, no matter how much she hated to lie to people, no matter who they were and whether or not they were strangers, she had to, for her own safety as her father would call it, since most people believed him to be a dedicated supporter of Lord Voldemort and with his return, people of the opposing party, the Order of the Phoenix, for whom her father served as a spy, could judge her for that, something her father never wanted for her. Because no matter how cold he was towards the outside world, he had a big heart, which he only shared between Lily-Anne and her mother. And my father forbade me to come here for this exact reason, suddenly the thought dawns on Lily-Anne that what she had done was exactly what her father had wanted to prevent, her to bump into someone who could pose a threat in the future, Fred Weasley, a dedicated member of the Order. Her smile fades and she quickly turns around, she runs down the stairs and opens the door to leave the shop. In the doorway she turns around and sees that Fred had come down a few steps, clearly starting an attempt to follow her, but he had been stopped by a young man who looked exactly like him, though his suit was detailed with purple thread and one with black hair and round spectacles. She smiles and in her mind she thanks her brother, with one final look at Fred, she leaves the shop and closes the door behind her, as if nothing had ever happened. But something had happened, because after a couple of seconds Fred looks up at the door, seeing it closed and Lily-Anne gone, he sighs softly. He didn't know what had happened, but he wanted to know more about this girl in all her blackness. He felt as if he had never met someone like her before, someone who grounded him, with one look. But he knew one thing as well, this girl would never be interested in him, and his family and especially his brother would never approve of it. With that thought in mind, he turns to George and Harry again, who were constantly talking about the products in front of them. He smiles, pretending he heard everything they had said, but he didn't hear it at all. Sometimes he looks at the door of the shop again, hoping to see that familiar face again, a face that would not appear again.

Lily-Anne just keeps on walking, away from the bright red shop, until she sees Gringotts appear again. Her father is already standing outside, silent, barely moving, but still clearly visible, Lily-Anne smiles and walks towards him.

'Father, do you have everything?'

Severus is visibly startled from his thoughts, but he quickly recovers, looks up and smiles a little at his daughter, but then he sees her empty hands and his face darkens.

'Lily, where are your books?'

Lily-Anne looks at her own hands and then suddenly remembers what Draco did for her when she was trying to hold on to her books.

'Oh they are already on Spinner's End, I ran into Draco Malfoy and he transported them for me.'

Severus nods short, but his eyes are cold, he takes Lily-Anne by the arm and soon Diagon Alley disappears and all the sees is black, the tight room pressing on her. Luckily, that feeling soon disappears and she is back on the doorstep of Spinner's End. Severus opens the door and allows Lily-Anne to go in first. Lily-Anne enters the living room and the first thing she notices is the pile of brand new books, with on top of them a pastel pink rose, her favorite flower. Lily-Anne smiles at it and feels the butterflies in her stomach, only a few people knew about that, and Draco was one of them. She picks it up and smells it, closing her eyes and smiling widely. Severus enters the room as well and sees Lily-Anne with the rose, with a suspicious look in his eyes he approaches Lily-Anne. However, the young Snape already knew that her father was approaching her from the sound of his footsteps on the floor. She quickly opens her eyes, lowers the rose and grabs the pile of books.