PROLOGUE

~10 years ago~

 A 12 year old boy received a lot of birthday gifts and letters. He had no friends yet, he never asked from where they all came. This boy was always forced to sleep before 9 PM, he thought it was something normal to be forced to sleep as a kid. But this year his curiosity would rise day by day, he knew it was unusual. 

Before going to bed, he decided to unwrap some of the gifts and read some letters that seemed interesting and caught his eyes with the different designs of abstract colors and shapes. He looked at the time and it was 8:30 pm so he had to go take a shower and prepare for bed, before his maid comes and scolds him. But as he was putting everything that was still wrapped under his bed to check them the next day, a simple light blue envelope was lying next to his pillow. He thought it was different than the others he got, it seemed very simple. He liked it, compared to the other letters and envelops he got that would make you go blind because of the patterns. 

He opened it and was surprised, he expected a happy birthday wish, but instead it was something else. It was as simple from the inside as it was from the outside. 

It said,       "Do not drink the glass of milk if you want to stay up longer."

Love, KMY 

What is this? I don't understand what's going on. Why would someone send me this on my birthday? Is this really the reason why i always fall asleep even though am not tired? But why would my maid do that? Is this a prank? Who's KMY? And how does this person know me? I've never went out, unless my maid comes with me. And how did this person manage to get this envelope in my room? All these questions were flooding in my mind, It made my brain hurt. 

This letter was so suspicious, so i had to hide it before someone finds it. I went to take a shower and got ready. When i left the bathroom, as usual the glass of warm milk is already sitting on my nightstand. But this time, i looked around my huge room in case someone is watching me, and i ran to the bathroom with the glass of milk and spilled it down the toilet and flushed it. 

I ran quickly to my bed and pretended to be asleep when i heard footsteps. The maid came in and checked on me then left after about 5 minutes of walking around my room and checking every corner. This night is just getting weirder.

I stayed on the bed for about and hour just thinking and debating with myself whether i should leave my room, and is there a possibility that something interesting or even scary is happening outside my room. It was 9:59 PM. I got off of my bed and i headed towards the door when i suddenly heard loud screams and cries. At first i thought i was just imagining the voices, but i kept on hearing it. I was sure it wasn't just a single voice, instead i could recognize it as a group of girls that might be around my age. Their voices were high and it made my head ache. As i left my room and walked down the hallway, it was dark. No light was visible except at the end of the hallway where the loud screams were coming from. 

I felt someone watching me, and i got scared so i ran towards the ray of light. It was coming from my mothers bedroom. And now that am closer, the screams are just becoming even louder and louder. The little hair on my body stood as i felt a cold breeze coming from the open window. My heart rate was increasing, that i could hear it even with all the loud cries that are coming from my mothers room.

The door wasn't fully closed. So i peeked in. In a matter of seconds a storm of mixed emotions hit me. I fell to the ground, my legs were too weak to keep me standing. A loud thud was heard as i fell. The terrifying scene infront of me, made me close my eyes and cry as i buried my face in my knees. What i saw just now, was tragic. I covered my ears with my hand trying to block away the horrifying screams. 

Suddenly, i felt two hands carry me carefully. As i opened my eyes, i saw my maid frowning. I hid my face in her shoulders and held her tightly. "This what happens when you don't drink milk at night, young man." She said in a low stern tone, her lips touching my ears. "Get me out of here, please" I cried. "Your mother ordered me to bring you to her" she replied calmly. But i kept on shaking my head as we entered the bedroom. I've never been inside it, except for once. And i remember getting punished. The screams in her room were scaring me to death, though i really wanted to know what caused them to scream loudly in the middle of the night. Yet i didn't dare to open my eyes.

When she placed me on the bed, I opened my eyes slowly. I was shortly welcomed by my mothers face. But this time instead of it glowing just like every other day, it was covered with blood. Her whole body was. She smiled when i gave her a terrifying look, she looked miserable. I hated it. She pulled me closer but i refused to move. She then sat up and touched my hand but i pulled away shaking. "S-Stop it. I-I'm really sca-s-scared" I said looking over at the young girls infront of me. Women I've never seen before were beating and torturing girls that seemed to be around my age and older. 

I heard her chuckle as she stood up and headed towards the bathroom. "Come with me, Son" She pointed at the bathroom door. I was too scared to refuse, so i just walked carefully trembling. I held my breath for a second when i saw her in a bath tub full of blood. I backed away at the sight. What is my mother doing to these innocent young girls? Does she kill them? Is that their blood? Why is she like that? Will she torture me too cause am still not asleep, when am supposed too? I cried at the thought. 

"Bring him to me" She ordered. I looked at her with pleading eyes. Please don't do this to me, i begged with my eyes. "It'll be alright don't worry. Trust mother" She said smiling, as if she heard and understood my expressions and thoughts. Well after all she's my mother, but what is she doing to the girls if she had a mothers heart? Isn't she supposed to be sorry? Worried? Regretful? Does she not have a heart? 

I mustered up my courage and asked her, "What are you doing to these girls mother? Do you not feel disgusted by all whats happening? Are you not scared?" I paused, looking at her. I walked towards her pushing away the hands that were holding me tightly. "And what is that? Since when did water change its color? Red? Is that blood, your bathing in?" I asked her, hoping it was just some color or soap that I've never seen before. Scared it might actually be what am thinking of. Blood. 

"Bathing in blood will sustain my youth" I felt sick, at that response. "Sustain your youth? What about all these young girls? Do they not deserve to be treated like humans, and live longer?" I asked her irritated. "Get him out of here. Now!" She shouted. "I hope you rot in hell, for what you're doing now" I said, leaving. 

Staying awake longer than usual really helped me see the world, people and mostly my mother in a different way. And i'm going to leave this deadly place, even if it costs my life.  

____________________

Heyy, 

So this is my second full chapter book. I hope you enjoy reading it.

Love you. xo