10

"Gemma, calm down! Could you help me up then we can go to the hospital", I say finally and see how she pauses.

"Ok", she breathes and puts her phone in the pocket of her pants. Carefully she reaches under my arms und lifts me up. Holding my arm as still as possible I follow her out of the house. Surprised I stare into the face I couldn't get out of my head for the last two weeks. His eyes bore into mine, holding sympathy and worry.

"Hayden! Are you in pain? Are you   injured elsewhere?" His voice carries panic but overall worry.

"You're back", I say and can't hide how happy that makes me. 

"Yeah, I am", he chuckles and leads me with his hand on the small of my back to his car. For a second his soft touch lets me forget about my pain. He helps me in the car, buckles the seatbelt and then takes his own seat. Gemma is in the backseat and is unusual quiet. I worry she might be in shock.

"Gemma, are you alright? Are you hurt?", I ask and only after blinking a couple times she seems to come back.

"No. I'm ok. Gosh, Hayden, I'm so sorry", she says.

"Gems, it wasn't your fault. It was an accident. Don't worry, ok?", I try to appease her but I'm uncertain if I really reaching her. At the hospital I'm immediately sent to get a x-ray although the emergency room is well visited. Probably it is because of Harrys presence that I get a special treatment. After the pictures of my left arm are taken, I get asked to wait for the doctor in one of the rooms. A pretty, long legged nurse leads the way and I don't miss how she eyes Harry up. An unpleasant feeling builds in my stomach.

"Too easy", Gemma murmurs next to me in which her gaze rests on the nurse flipping her long blonde hair over her shoulder. So she noticed as well. I don't comment her words and take a seat on the lounger as we reach the room.

"Holler if you need anything. My name's Nelly. The doctor should be right in", the nurse says sweetly and just looks at Harry. Inwardly I roll my eyes. Harry considers her with a small smile and a nod of his head. I'm not sure if he noticed how she so to say eyefucked him. To Gemma and me it's been obvious however his demeanour is unreadable. After Nelly left the room, he sits on one of the two chairs in front of a desk. Gemma on the other hand paces back and forth and drives me nuts.      

"Gems, please sit down", I say and pet the lounger next to me. Before she can do that, the door opens again and an elderly, burly man in a white doctor smock and greying hair enters the room. 

"Good day, Miss Parker. How do you feel? I'm Dr. Nahru", he introduces himself and shakes my hand, then greets the Styles and afterwards pulls two x-ray pictures out of a folder which he carried under his arm. He puts the pictures on a board to the right of the lounger and switches the light on. On the first look I can see that my bone is broken.   

"So Miss Parker, your ulna is obviously broken. The good news is it's a clean fracture which should be healing without any problems. The bad news is you'll need to wear a splint", he explains and points to the picture to show where the fracture is located.

"For how long do I need to wear it?"                                                                 
"Depends on the healing process. Approximately four to six weeks." What? Immediately my thoughts drift to the bakery. How do I bake with a splint on my limb? He gets a splint out, wets it and bends it in form on my arm. Afterwards he wraps it with a bandage and then asks me which colour I'd like. For how old does he takes me? Four?

"White, please", I say and earn a  snort from Harry. Questening I raise a brow at him. 

"You can choose and take white? I'm disappointed", he remarks playfully  indignant.