19

Surprisingly I slept deep and soundly. Gemmas words after confessing my fear to her kept repeating in my mind lulling me in till I slid into a peaceful slumber.

"Don't be. He'll always come back to you!"

The weirdest part to that? For whatever reason I believe her. That late night conversation with her somehow restored my faith in the fate-theory. Maybe we are created for each other after all. I mean is it really coincidence that we met all those years back and felt drawn to each other only to revive those feelings now? And that, even though he has no idea what I truly look like and that I'm actually the same person. He only ever saw me without make up concealing my features when he was drunk. And I don't think he really remembers that. Leaving my bed with a smile on my lips for the first time this week I move to the bathroom to get ready for the day ahead.

While I fix breakfast for us - before I need to wake Ava up - comes a knock to the front door. Already sensing who this could be this early I actually skip to the door and open it up with a  smile on my face which just stretches further as I come face to face with Harry. I guess Gemma does know her brother best.

"Huh... That was easy", he mumbles to himself as I open the door wider to let him in.

"Morning Harry", I chirp happily. "What was easy?"

"Well, uh, making you smile", he admits abashed, then a frown forms on his face.

"What was your plan?", I ask him as I lead the way into the kitchen. Hearing him follow me.

"Was still undecided. But I see you won't need me cheering you up. I guess I prepared that whole speech about staying friends for nothing", he says and there is something swinging in his voice as he pauses his steps. It almost sounds like hurt. Oh! Hold on. Does he really think I was this happy all the time while he was gone?

"Well, I was expecting you", I admit meekly suddenly losing my smile as I spin back around to face him only to see that he is about to backtrack. Just now I notice the fatigue look on his face. There are shadows under his eyes and the spark they normally hold is missing. His hair is a wild mess on his head as if he ran his hands repeatedly through it and it just stayed that way no matter what. Did I do that to him? I feel so bad. I've never had the intention of hurting him, always tried to avoid it that's why I pushed him away in the first place, but now I see that it didn't make a difference. I already hurt him.

"You were expecting me?", he asks confused still sporting a frown.

"Yes. Your sister seems to know you quite well. She was sure you'd show up on my doorstep this morning, that's what had me smiling." I take a deep breath releasing it slowly to mentally prepare myself for what I need to tell him.

"Those last days were terrible, Harry", I start with obvious pain in my voice and look up to him to make sure I've got his attention.

"I've missed you with every fibre of my body, my heart hurt because I thought I might never see you again. I am so sorry I hurt you. I'm in love with you, gosh, I fell so hard for you, Harry. I'm just so scared of losing you." For a short second he looks flabbergasted before finding his voice.

"You mean that?" When I nod the widest smile I've ever seen on him spreads over his face and reveals a deep dimple on his left cheek. Why did I never see that before? The spark in his eyes is back as he takes a step closer to me, not taking his gaze off of my face as if to scrutinise my reaction as he approaches me. Taking him by surprise I sling my arms around his neck and press my lips on his - not patient enough to wait for him to make a move. I put my heart in this kiss so that there remain no doubts of my feelings. Even though I don't want a relationship based on lies, I've no other choice. Plus I don't know if I'll ever get my identity back. And apart from my name and past he got to know me. No matter which name I use.