Epilogue

Mariella, I'm probably the last person you want to hear from but I've had something on my heart since our last encounter

Mariella,
I'm probably the last person you want to hear from but I've had something on my heart since our last encounter. First of all I want to apologise. I'm so so sorry for hurting you. I would have never done it if I'd known you weren't the one responsible for my brothers death. I want to explain why I thought you might be.

That night of the charity ball James sent me to watch over you, to make sure you were safe. He bribed one of the security man to let me in. I watched you from afar and saw the despair in your demeanour when James disappeared. But then you went with that curly lad and I doubted the sincerity of your feelings. I thought you were playing my brother while he risked his life for you. That's why I believed Martinez in the first place. I didn't know of his sick game. I'm truly sorry for any sorrows I brought upon you. I accepted the punishment I was given as I deserve it for my lack in judgement. But the main reason I'm writing this is because I want you to know that James truly loved you. He loved you so much Mariella, that he tried to get Perez and Martinez off of your back. He lied to them and that's what costed his life in the end. He tried to protect you, that's why he never asked you out. He knew what was going on and was ready to pay with his life to keep you safe. Please never doubt the honesty of his feelings.

Sincerely, Rico