Cinderella CH5

After all the commotion, downstairs Sophia had snuck back out, listening in on her father and grandfather. When Prance had left, she made her way down the hall to Noah's room.

"Noah," she calls his name as she gets closer to him.

He turns from her without a word.

"Noah," she calls again.

"What Sophia," he asks irritated at her.

"Get up,"

He turns the other way looking at his sister.

"No, it's night time, did you have another nightmare?"

"No, listen I was listing in on dad and Grandpa."

"Are you trying to get into trouble?" he asked her sitting up.

"No, but I heard dad say that momma was missing,"

"Missing, what you're mean?"

She rolls her blue eyes at him, "Dad can't find her, he doesn't know where she is"

"And?"

"She's our mother dumbass, dad thinks that Lady, Ana, and Dri took her."

"Are they looking for her?" Noah asked

"Yeah, from what I heard they have the agency out looking for her."

"Will why did you wake me? There's not a damn thing we can do."

"We can go out and help look for her."

"We'll only be in the way, Sophia."

"They won't even know we are gone, we sneaking out then back in before they know it if we don't find her. If we do, we come in the front door with her and we'll be heroes."

"I don't want to be a hero Soph, I want to be a child and not worry about shit like this."

"They are hurting her," Sophia tells him.

He looks at the door.

"Alright I'll go with you only to make sure you don't get dead"

Sophia smiles nearly knocking him over as she hugs his neck, then she jumps back.

"Ewe," she says

"What?"

"Don't let mom know you sleep naked you'll get into trouble,"

"Dad sleeps naked."

"Yeah, will dad is an adult."

He rolls his eyes at her.

"Get dressed," she tells him.

Turning she heads back into her own room.

"Meet me in the hall," he tells her before she's out.

*****************************************************************************************

"They're not here," Henry tells Prance.

They stand in the living room of Cinde's old house, the one her father built for her mother and her. The walls were faded white with paint peeling away from the trimmings. The floor was broken cherry wood with dents and black scraps all over. There was old painting that hung on the walls, yellowing with peace's missing from them. An old worn, brown couch sets in the middle of the room and two wing back chairs that match. In the middle of them is an old gray rug with a redwood coffee table and two matching end tables on either side of the chairs. An old white fair place is the centerpiece of the room, with old trinkets and photos setting on the mental. Old papers litter the floor, dirt and cobwebs cover everything from the off-white calling to the hard floors.