CHAPTER 52- KIAH'S CONFESSION

Fawaz's doubts are clarified now, Kiah looked at him wide eyed for a second before composing herself.

'Come' she said like nothing happened, Fawaz eyed her suspiciously. She looked at him

'What?' she shrugged casually. Fawaz shook his head and walked with her into the living room.

After dinner, Fawaz and Kiah sat together on the sofa, hem of Kiah's right leg pyjama slightly pulled up exposing her anklet. Fawaz eyed it for a while, he recollected the time he had gotten this for her and gifted her as her birthday gift, he knew his feeling of friendship with her was genuine and even though he befriended her with the lie but then his feelings turned real.

'Nice Anklet' he commented casually.

Kiah looked at it and quickly covered it with her pyjama. 'thanks' she said avoiding eye contact with him. This encouraged him to push her further.

'From where did you get this? I want to get this for my mother...she loves anklet' he lied, lying effortlessly has now become very easy for him.

'My friend had gifted me' she said, it was true.

Fawaz smirked, 'your husband?' he asked boldly.

She turned her head and glared at him 'No' she said, her voice trembled. Fawaz nodded his head looking away, they were silent then.

************************

After dinner, Fawaz stood in the balcony clad in his winter jacket. It is snowing little and Fawaz watched them fall wondering where his life is going and what is he doing with it. As of now, his life is going nowhere. There is no luck with Kiah, she is still not accepting her identity though his belief is getting strengthened. Not sure if she has forgotten him but she has surely not forgiven him. Fawaz felt lost.

He wondered if he should free her so that she can move on in life or should he try sometime later? Many thoughts clouded his mind and there is no solution in sight. He had tried calling Zeeshan but he seemed to be busy tending to his pregnant wife and Fawaz decided to not disturb him. He is left on his own.

Fawaz heard the window creak open and he turned around finding Kiah coming into the balcony having a woolen shawl wrapped around her and heavy boots covering her legs.

'The boys slept?' he asked and she nodded

'What are you doing here? It's cold' she said sounding concern, Fawaz smiled sadly

'Feeling the snow for one final time' he said sadly, Kiah looked at him surprised. He turned to his side and looked at her.

'I am leaving tomorrow.' he said, she moved her hand from his

'But...but...but you didn't find your wife, yet' she said finding an excuse. Fawaz sighed shaking his head.

'It's of no use...even if I find her what am I going to tell her? how am I going to face her? Waise bhi I think she hates me (he looked at her) maybe she never loved me, if she had she wouldn't have forgotten me.' he said repeating Kiah's line from the morning. Kiah looked at him shocked, he placed his hand on her shoulder

'Kiah, I think you should give your husband a chance...what if he like me is repenting bad and all he needs is your forgiveness and your love back in his life' he said and he then turned around to leave. As he stepped into the living room, he turned back to look at Kiah who seemed to be staring into oblivion. He smiled slightly before turning around and walked away.

***************************

It must be around 2 am and Fawaz is lying on his bed trying to get some sleep. He heard his door open slightly and someone enters. He knew it is Maha and so closed his eyes tightly pretending to be asleep.

He felt a weight sit next to his head on the bed, he inhaled her familiar fragrance and his doubts are confirmed. He felt her soft palm caress his hair. He wondered why she is here? But he kept still lest she realizes he is awake. Fawaz wants to hear what she has to say.

'I am sorry, Fawaz' he heard her voice and could feel his heart skip a beat. She gently caressed his hair and sighed, 'I love you a lot...but I can't see you with another woman...I just can't...I know I have been childish and impulsive in leaving you but I wasn't in my senses then, I guess it was the early sign of depression.' she extended her palm and placed it over his.

'I want to forgive you and come back to you...but...but...I don't trust you...I can't after everything you did in the past...I didn't know you married me for selfish reasons and it breaks my heart when I realized you had never loved me... It hurts to know that all the beautiful memories with you were all fake...a lie... (she sniffed) you have hurt me a lot Fawaz...' she finished moving her palm off his. Fawaz felt an ache in his heart. There was so much he wanted to say. Firstly, he wanted to confess that he didn't marry Miara, he couldn't. Secondly, he wanted to apologize and promise to live all those beautiful memories again and this time for real.

'Tomorrow you will return back to your life...coming here and confess everything? Was that a lie too? A trick? Dr. Zubair has given me a love of a father that I had always craved for and for him I pretended to move on but reality is far from the truth. I have recovered from my depression but never truly recovered. Your memories haunt me.... I want to move on...Behrad is a nice guy but then why I feel like I am chained to you...to someone who doesn't love me'

Fawaz felt tear clogging his eyes on hearing everything that she said, 'Tomorrow you will be going back, then why did you come back into my life again, Fawaz?' she said, Fawaz felt her stand. He wanted to get up and hold her hand; taking her in his arms he wanted to beg her for her forgiveness and confess thousand times his love for her but he felt numb at that moment and so simply lay there.