CHAPTER 15- CONFESSION AND GUILT

Maha looked at him shocked, Fawaz held her gaze confidently. After a while she took a step towards him and held his hand in hers

'You are lying?' she asked softly, her eyes clogging with tears.

Fawaz gulped, the way she is looking at him, Gosh! He felt like a terrible heartless monster. He shook his head sideways.

'This is a joke.... right...?'she whispered, her voice cracking. Fawaz again shook his head sideways

'Fawaz, if this is joke then confess now before...'she warned him pointing an index finger at him. Fawaz wanted to back his steps and confess it to be a joke, but then the promotion.

"Fawaz, don't be guilty. At times to move forward professionally we must take some immoral steps" Tasneem's voice echoed in his head and he decided to take a step forward. He looked directly into Maha's eyes

'I love you...and it's no joke... I am serious' he said, he is expecting her to slap him or push him out of the house and threaten to never see him again. He deserved it anyway, at least then he can give this excuse to Tasneem, he tried but Maha isn't ready to marry him, surely, she will not force her daughter to marry against her wish.

Maha wiped her tears and looked at him, she moved back, 'It's getting late, you should leave' she said turning away from him. Fawaz nodded, he noticed her shaking and could hear faint sob. He has hurt her, tomorrow first thing he will do is apologize to her and try again after few days when she will start looking at him in a new light.

Fawaz turned to leave, as he is about to open the window he felt her soft delicate arms wound around his waist.

'I love you too' Maha said in between her sobs, her cheek pressed against his back, her tears staining his Tee.

Fawaz gulped. This was something that didn't come as a surprise for him, in fact, he was dreading, this, he could see love in her eyes and it haunted him. He turned to face her, she hugged him tight resting her head on his shoulder

'I love you, Fawaz. Please take me far away from here.... I want to be with you...only you' she said clenching him tightly.

Fawaz wiped a lone tear that escaped from the corner of his eyes, these tears aren't because of the heartfelt confession, it is because he is eventually going to break her already broken fragile heart. He slowly wrapped his arms around her.

They hugged each other tightly for what seemed like hours, they separate. Fawaz looked at her and then leaned forward kissing her forehead. Maha smiled closing her eyes.

'I will...take...you...away...it will be only me...and you...' he said, his voice quivering. Maha smiled and hugged him again, tighter than before.

'Maha...' he said caressing her back 'will you... will you.... marry me?' he asked. He could feel her heart hammering against his, giving him a very painful feeling.

She nodded her head 'Yes' she whispered and then hugged him once again.

Fawaz broke the hug and looked at her 'This weekend I will bring my parents and we will fix everything....' He said.

She looked at him frowning, 'What is their need? We can simply marry each other' she said sounding slightly angry. Fawaz smiled sadly

'Parents are very important right; how can we start a new phase of our lives without their blessings and consent?' he explained calmly.

'But my mother might not agree because of that stupid Mr. Khanna' Maha said sounding miffed. Fawaz frowned

'Don't worry, my parents will convince her' Fawaz said

'Really...I hope she agrees, I want to marry you and only you' Maha said with a pout, Fawaz smiled sadly. She is looking so cute and vulnerable, he is hating himself for this. He hugged her again

'I love you' Maha whispered against his chest, Fawaz caressed her back gently

'I love you too' he lied feeling a pang of guilt stabbing his heart.