CHAPTER 26- NEW OFFICE

2:00pm, Lunch time

Fawaz is engrossed in his work, he doesn't want to disappoint Tasneem. He wants to prove it to her that he is deserves this post and that too on his merit. He has worked so hard for everything, and even for the first time he has gotten emotionally and personally involved for this.

He felt his stomach grumble

'Be patient' he said massaging his stomach. Fifteen minutes later, he heard a knock

'Come in' he said his gaze fixed on his files, he looked up when he got no response.

He smiled on noticing Maha standing there, she is dressed in an off-shoulder white top tucked in her denim jeans which is torn at the knees. Her one hand on her hip and with one she is held a tiffin box. Fawaz eyed the box hungrily. His stomach grumbled again.

'I heard you have gotten the promotion, so you forget your wife?' she said pouting, Fawaz smiled at her cuteness and gestured her to come towards him. She pretended to think for few seconds before walking towards him, she placed the tiffin box on the table and stood in front of him. They smiled at each other.

Fawaz held her waist and pulled her on his lap, she smiled wrapping her arms loosely around his neck

'I am sorry' he said looking at her lovingly

'It's okay' she said caressing his hair, he pulled her closer. Maha blushed

'I have gotten food. Eat before lunch time gets over' she said softly

'My lunch is here...' he said huskily, he caressed her cheeks with his index finger, 'and I am going to have it' he whispered, his hot breath fanning her cheeks, reflexively she closed her eyes. He pecked her cheeks and advanced towards her lips, he gently kissed her and she responded the kiss with love.

After a while later, they broke apart and he looked at her lovingly. She looked away shyly. She then leaned over picking up the tiffin and she opened it

'I took excuse from work and got this... I haven't made this, it's from a nearby Chinese restaurant.' She said and Fawaz chuckled.

'If you feed me, this will be the best food' he said holding her wrist, she smiled nodding.

She got a morsel from the tiffin and brought it near his mouth. He opened his mouth and she fed him shyly, her soft fingers brushed against the corner of his lips sending a jolt of electricity through him. Fawaz is used to these jolts by now.

He too then took a morsel and fed her, soon they took turns feeding each other.

************************

Half an hour later,

Fawaz opened his cabin door for Maha.

'I will be coming home late tonight' he informed her, she looked disappointed.

'I will miss you' she said pouting, he smiled and quickly pecked her lips.

'Bye' he said holding her hand.

'Bye' she said happily and kissed his cheek. They hug and then separate soon enough, Maha turned to leave when they see Tasneem standing at the end of the corridor. She is looking at them with a frown, Fawaz noticed Maha's smile fade. She quickly looked away from her mother and walked towards the elevator ignoring her, but Tasneem's eyes not once left Maha, she watched her disappear into the elevator.

She then looked Fawaz who just stood there awkwardly. She then walked away. Fawaz sighed in relief.