CHAPTER 50- FAWAZ CONFESSES

Kiah unlocked the door and entered first followed by Fawaz and then over excited boys. They are clinging on to him. The four of them laughing.

'Kids go and freshen up, Maya... come and get the kids.' she called her maid. The kids sighed sadly, Kiah smiled at them

'Then you can play with Uncle.' she added and their faces lit up like 440-volt bulb. They hurry inside nearly knocking the maid, Maya.

'Sorry about that' she said smiling and removed her overcoat.

Fawaz watched her fondly as she untied her hair loosening her beautiful locks. She looked at him and he snapped out of his trance.

'You too freshen up, I will see you for dinner' she said and walked into her room. Fawaz nodded removing his jacket and placing it on the coat rack, he dragged his luggage into his room.

He unpacked and took out a simple green kurtha and white pyjamas, after freshening up he came out.

As soon as he came out he is pounced on upon by his boys, one of them holding his leg and other clinging on his back.

They took him to their room, they insisted on continuing the game from where they had stopped and Fawaz is more than glad to oblige. Soon Kiah also joined them and they had a gala time. Spending time with his family, Fawaz felt emotional. He enjoyed every moment of their time together. He knew this time is limited, in few days, maybe tomorrow, all this will end and become a dream. He will have to shift back to his lonely, miserable life. He wants to cherish every moment he has with his family. Right now, Fawaz felt complete. But there is a sadness, his family doesn't know him, his kids don't know he is their father, his wife doesn't remember him. Fawaz tried pushing the negative thoughts and tried focusing on the positive.

At dinner, Kiah was impressed as the kids have their food without any fuss, she also commented that Fawaz is superb with the kids, it's like he is not a stranger. This made Fawaz feel very proud.

**************************

After dinner and tugging the kids to bed, Fawaz and Kiah sat on the sofa in dark living room watching some random late night talk show, the kids asleep in their rooms. Kiah looked at him, she watched him. Fawaz felt her gaze on him and looked at her. She smiled at him looking away.

'There is something about you that makes me feel so different.' she confessed looking at him

'What do you mean?' Fawaz asked softly, their gaze locked.

She shrugged looking front at the television, 'I never thought I will be letting a stranger stay at my home, that too at night...that too when my dad isn't here...I also don't care what they will think of me...What anyone will think of me?' she confessed

'Do you think I am a stranger to you?' Fawaz then asked looking at her, watching her expressions. Her words made him feel bold. She turned her head to look at him, she looked confused.

Fawaz looked down at his fingers, 'Kiah, I want to share something with you...as I feel you are my friend.' he said fidgeting with his fingers, he has decided to take the leap.

'Really?' she asked twisting half her body and looking at him excited. Fawaz closed his eyes and took a deep breath

'As a friend, I hope you will not judge me and advise me instead.' he said in a small voice, Kiah nodded. She then extended her hand placing her palm over his.

'I have done injustice to someone, actually two of them.' he said, Kiah looked on with a hopeful expression.

'Kiah, remember I told you about my wife...' he said, Kiah nodded biting her lower lip as though realizing that he is married. She moved her palm away.

'She left me because of my own stupidity...Kiah, I married her...for my selfish reason...I didn't love her then, I loved someone else...but she left me, I was desperate for a selfish reason and got married to her.' Fawaz sighed and looked up at her, she still has her eyes glued to him.

'Then my ex, returned...she got into a big mess because of me, as I couldn't commit to her for marriage and hence she had agreed to marry someone who is her parents' choice but backed out from the alliance, they mistreated her and she returned to me. I felt responsible and so...so I decided to marry her and that is why my wife left me...' Fawaz completed

There is silence for a moment, Fawaz turned to look at Kiah who seem lost in her thoughts.

'I need to find her and apologize to her...I am genuinely sorry for whatever I did with her, I want to hold her hand and confess that I love her...I love her so much...these five years without her were no less than torture for me...I nearly slipped into depression...I searched for her everywhere but...just once...only once...I want her to forgive me, to take me back or not is her decision but I want her to know my feelings for her. I agree our relationship started with a lie but with time my love for her has become genuine.' he said looking at her, indirectly he said what he wanted to say, he doesn't know how she will react but he is glad he get this off his chest like Zeeshan had advised "don't go down without a fight"

Kiah bit her lower lips looking away, her eyes moist. This time there is an uncomfortable silence between them.

'Dunno why all this sounds familiar' she said softly, hesitantly Fawaz placed his placed over hers

'I am sorry.' he murmured, Kiah looked at him, tears in her eyes.

'You really love your first wife?' she asked cautiously as though making sure what he is saying is true, Fawaz doesn't blame her.

He smiled sadly, 'My only wife.'

Kiah looked little taken aback. Slowly, she moved her palm from his grip. She looked down biting her lower lip, she shifted little away from him, 'It is getting late.' she said. As she got up, Fawaz called, 'Maha!'

She froze on spot. Fawaz gulped the tight lump that formed in his throat. Fawaz stared at her back, 'Her name is Maha.'

Kiah turned around and their gaze met, 'Good night, Fawaz.' She said and turned around disappearing through the seashell curtain. Fawaz smiled, hearing his name from her mouth after five years, her voice made his name sound thousand times better.

*************************

That night Fawaz couldn't sleep, he lay on his back staring at the ceiling. He knew very well that this was the same case with Kiah aka Maha, his Maha. He had indirectly said her everything and he hopes she will think about it and forgive him. Hopefully, she comes back to him.