CHAPTER 5- MEETING HER AGAIN

One month later,

Fawaz stood dressed in a black tuxedo adjusting his bow tie. He looked at his mobile sadly. It's been one month since his breakup with Miara, one week he tried to be normal and move on but then he started missing her. He tried contacting her, apologizing to her and then in desperate attempt he even resorted to begging her to come back but she didn't respond. Then one week back she switched her number and he lost all contacts, he tried contacting her in social media but she blocked him from there too.

He sighed glancing at the clock, its 6 pm. He shook his head wanting to shove all negative thoughts aside as today Zeeshan, his best friend from the US, is getting married to Maham khan, Mr. Arshad khan's daughter.

Fawaz is supposed to be the happiest man today as finally weeks of his hard work paid off.

He had arranged Zeeshan and Maham's meeting, once they approved of each other. He fixed their parents meeting and to his luck, they approved this alliance too and everything was fixed.

And now, now Mr. Khan will retire and Fawaz will get his long awaited and much-deserved promotion. But there is a part of him that felt empty, he wished he had Miara by his side to fill that void.

Once ready, Fawaz walked into the living room and found his dad sitting in Blue shervani, he is fidgeting with his phone. Fawaz sighed realizing his mom is still getting ready. Finally, after fifteen minutes she emerged from her room dressed in a turquoise saree, her hair tied in a bun and ghajra. Her make up dark and if Fawaz is to be asked honestly, she looked over the top with loud make up. She had long pearl necklace, watch in one wrist and bracelet in another. She looked at Fawaz and frowned.

'Beta, what is this?' she said in disbelief, Fawaz looked at her. She made him stand up and adjusted his bowtie, she then looked at her husband and gasped

'Why are you dressed in shervani, it was for Fawaz' she said angrily. Naveen, Fawaz's father looked surprised.

'Ma, it doesn't matter. I am good' Fawaz said. Begum, his mother, glared at him.

'Fawaz, there will be so many girls there and also their mothers. I will take care of their mothers but you impress the girls.' she ordered him. Fawaz nodded his head though he is not interested in impressing anyone, but he doesn't want to argue with his mother as it is already getting late.

Soon they arrived at the venue, it is in the backyard of a five-star hotel. The entire hotel is decorated like a bride, decorated with blue and white lights. There were a band playing wedding tunes and crowd flocking in. Fawaz noticed his mother staring at the girls hungrily. He smiled shaking his head sideways.

Fawaz and his father made their way towards the gent's section while his mother left for the ladies section before that Naveen gave her orders of keeping mobile close to her and if she needed anything she called them ASAP. Naveen is very protective especially when it comes to his Begum, he loves her a lot. Fawaz held his father's arm and had to literally separate his parents.

Fawaz stood by his friend while the Nikaah was done, he felt uncomfortable watching the wedding. There is something about marriages that Fawaz hates. The priest asked Zeeshan if he accepts the Nikaah, he replied affirmatively thrice and Priest declared him married. Fawaz cringed as he hears this, everybody then starts to congratulate Zeeshan. Fawaz also congratulated him, he then goes to Arshad. Fawaz struggled hard to suppress his smile/smirk as he congratulated him. The two men hugged, Arshad hugged Fawaz so tight he felt his breath getting stuck in his throat.

'I am so happy. All thanks to you son.' Arshad gushed patting Fawaz's shoulder making him stumble few steps ahead. Nevertheless, Fawaz is all smiles – He is finally getting promoted.

'I was thinking of taking retirement after Maham's wedding but I guess I should wait for few months' he said smiling widely.

Fawaz's smile disappeared instantly, Arshad is not retiring for few months, how many months? How much long will he have to wait to get that senior manager's post? Fawaz felt his temper rise, but he forced a smile. Arshad is then called by the groom's father and he bids goodbye to Fawaz, Fawaz glared at him retreating, his fingers fisted tightly.

Fawaz swore under his breath and stormed out of the wedding, he goes to a secluded area. He banged his fist on the tree trunk in frustration.

'Damn' he cursed, he threw another punch at the tree.

'Why are you taking out your frustration on an inanimate tree?' Fawaz turned around hearing a female voice.

A girl stood beside him dressed in an emerald green saree and puffed silver half sleeved blouse. Her chest length brown hair had streaks of burgundy and rests on one side of her shoulder. Fawaz noticed her eyes, the same bambi eyes he had seen in the metro. She walked up to him.

'None of your business' he said bitterly, she smirked folding her arms across her chest. Then she opened her purse, taking out a pack of cigarettes.

'Take this, it will help you' she said forwarding him the packet. Fawaz looked at her and then the packet. He took the packet, she forwarded him the lighter.

'It always helps.' she said lighting a cigarette for him. He looked at her, does she remember they have met before. But then, why will she? They are strangers and met only on a metro that too for few minutes. But then why does he remember?

She turned around and left. Fawaz watched her go, her hair on one side exposing her milky white back, her saree clinging to her body showing her perfect hour shaped figure. Fawaz shook his head and took a puff from the cigarette, he reminded himself that she has a boyfriend.