Chapter 16 - The Craziness Ends

(A/N: This story was getting so out of hand so I'm going to fast forward a bit to fix it. It almost became a J.J. Abrams show, haha.)

Ann's POV

A long while after the incident...

"Are you awake?" Dan asked me.

"Yeah, I am," I groggily replied, my eyes still shut.

"You don't sound like it," Dan chuckled, "if you're tired, you can go back to sleep."

"Nah, I'm fine," I yawned, sitting up in the bed. I pulled the sheet up to my collarbones, because the air was cold against my bare skin. Dan, Penny, Phil, and myself all share a fairly large apartment with each other. Normally, Dan would be in his shared room with Phil, and Penny and I would be in our own rooms, but Penny and Phil are both on holiday with their families because it's almost Christmas. Last night I was having a bad dream and I woke Dan up. He came to my room and...you can guess what ended up happening.

"Isn't there something important today...?" Dan asked, pretending to be forgetful.

"It's my birthday, you spoon," I laughed, nudging Dan with my elbow as he tried to contain his laughter.

"I know. I wouldn't forget that," Dan said, "It's not exactly hard to forget. Five days before Christmas."

"Exactly," I smiled.

I then got a blanket off of the foot of my bed and wrapped it around me as I got out of the bed. As soon as I made it to my bathroom, I shed the blanket and grabbed a towel. Setting the towel down on the towel holder, I turned on the shower. Being winter, it was a pretty cold morning. As soon as the water got warm enough, I hopped in the shower and let the heat of the flow of water caress and envelope me in good feelings.

The good thing about showering is that you can stand up, sit down, lay down, and basically do whatever in there. I mean, sure, you get clean and you smell pretty, but I love being able to sit down in the shower. That being said, you can guess that I was sitting down in the shower. Hell, there are so many things in life that aren't pleasurable at all, so it felt amazing to have warm water all over my sore body. Of course, we all know why my body was particularly sore today, but I, naturally, won't go into details.

As soon as I'm done in the shower, I spend a good ten minutes drawing on my fogged-up mirror as I dry my hair. Admittedly, when I apply hairspray, my hair is a little damp, but to heck with it. It's my birthday, so I can do what I want.

When I walk back into my room with just a towel on, I find that Dan has already returned to his own room. My outfit for today? A red Van Halen shirt, black, high-waisted shorts, a little red bow in my hair, and black canvas sneakers.

In the kitchen, I grab my box of Cheerios and pour it in a bowl. Then, I add a small amount of milk to it, as well as a few slices of banana. I might as well be healthy this morning, because god knows that I'm gonna be eating ten pounds of ice cream later.

As I'm sitting on the couch, enjoying my cereal, I suddenly feel a pair of lips on my forehead. I turn my head slightly, and I'm looking at Dan's pretty brown eyes. Giving him a return kiss on his lips, I ruffle his hair a bit and say, "Hey. Wanna watch a crappy movie or do you wanna make fun of the poor people who still have to attend high school?"

After an eye-roll, he says, "We can watch a Quentin Tarantino movie which ultimately ends up in us kissing, if that's what you want."

"Yeah, that sounds great," I agree, getting off the couch and opening the drawer on top of which the television sits. I scan the movies and suggest, "Kill Bill Vol. 1, Kill Bill Vol. 2, and Django Unchained are all we got."

"We've both seen Kill Bill Vol. 1 about a billion times, so what's the harm in watching it again?" Dan shrugs, laughing. I put the DVD in the player and I sit down next to Dan, who is eating a bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats.

In the scene where Beatrix kills Vernita Green, I always find it funny that the cereal box that Vernita hides her gun in is called "Boom!" cereal. Well played, Tarantino. Well played.

When the movie reaches the final scene, after Beatrix totally owns the shit out of the Crazy 88, seeing O-Ren completely scalped never did phase me. Even when I had first seen this movie when I was around five years old, it still never bothered me. I guess that's how I can stay so calm with gore around. I don't usually gag at something unless it's formaldehyde, but that's just because formaldehyde stinks more than a thousand turds baking in the hot Texas sun.

"I never understood why O-Ren never told Beatrix that her daughter was still alive. Or why Vernita didn't tell her, either. I mean, the Crazy 88 probably wouldn't have been murdered if O-Ren was like, 'By the way, your daughter is alive and she's living with Bill.' I mean, come on, is it really that hard to say?" Dan says as the credits roll.

"Damn you, Tarantino," I whisper, and Dan just loses it. It was such a stupid comment but I suppose the timing and the way I said it just made it hilarious. I'll admit, his laughing made me smile so much more than anything else could. I hope I can finally keep it this way.

I think it's time for me to live my life instead of telling you more of the story, because, sorry to break it to you, but there aren't any more action sequences in this tale. No more exciting stories for now. Maybe something will come up and I'll tell you then, but to be honest, all I could hope for is what I already have. I have someone who loves me as much as I love him, and that's what matters.

Stories help us express emotions in a way that nobody could ever describe. They help us find out new things about ourselves through characters and plots about heroism. But in reality? You need to be your own hero, and realize that you've been writing your own story since the moment you were conceived.

We need to be the stories that we love to read.

For now, this is goodbye.

-Ann

The End.

(A/N: I am so sorry that I had to end it, but I'll do a reboot if you want me to at some point in time. I feel like this ending gives enough closure for the present, but it also leaves enough room to create a whole new adventure. THANKYOU for reading this, I love all of you so much.)