Boyfriends Best Friend

I'm Karsyn Peterson and this is my story of how my perfect life got so messed up when I fell in love with my boyfriend's best friend. And trust me, this isn't your happy, lovey-dovey, classic romance story. Oh no, it's far from it. So why don't we start from the beginning?

***

"Hey babe" My boyfriend, Ryan Butler, put his arms around my waist. I spun around to see him, closing my locker in the process. I gave him a quick kiss, after looking around to make sure no teachers were watching. I know, I know, I'm such a goody-two-shoes. "You ready to go?"

I nodded and Ryan grabbed my backpack, making me smile at how chivalrous he was. Ours hands interlocked and we walked out of Stratford High School- now officially seniors. The last day of 11th grade had gone by so fast, I kind of missed it, but I was so looking forward to spending all summer vacation with Ryan, just hanging around our hometown.

"So I have a surprise for you." Ryan smiled at me. I tossed my bag on the floor of his range rover and gave him a look, "Do you really?" I laughed.

"Yep, close your eyes and hold out your hands." He gave me a wink and I did as he told me. I felt his lips on mine and then a piece of paper fall into my hands. My eyes snapped open and I glanced down at the orange sheet of paper laying in my hands. Ryan nudged me to unfold it, I laughed and did what he told me.

"It just says 'Hawaii'." I read the bold print off of the orange paper, "Why exactly does it say Hawaii?"

"Because, you and me are spending our whole summer vacation there." Ryan's smile grew, if that was even possible. A gasp escaped my lips and I threw my arms around Ryan, kissing him softly.

"Are you joking with me Ryan? How can you afford this?" I pulled back from him.

"You know Justin, well he's filming his first movie in Hawaii this summer and invited me and a friend. We've been dating for almost a year, Karsyn, so I think spending our whole summer together, totally alone in a complete paradise would be amazing for us."

I had to agree with him, it'd be awesome to spend my whole summer on a tropical island with my boyfriend. But the mention of his best friend, Justin Bieber, scared me. I've met Justin once, but it was brief and I doubted he even remembered me. I went to his concert in Toronto with Ryan and we only got to see him once, he was so busy. He had looked right at me when he went up to say hey to Ryan and asked if I was the girl Ryan always talked about. Ryan had blushed and Justin just laughed and said he'd see Ryan later, and then he was gone. But he hadn't seen Ryan later, because as soon as the concert ended Justin was driven out of the arena and away from the screaming fans. It wasn't the best first impression, but it wasn't the worst. So I wasn't really sure what to think of the Justin Bieber, world's biggest super star, yet.

But I'd be spending the next three months with him, so I guess I would get to know my boyfriend's best friend.