Chapter 8

Karsyn's POV

Ryan and I were sitting in the back of a fancy tropical restaurant, eating foods I didn't even think existed. But I couldn't enjoy myself. All I could think about was what Caitlin told me. She really liked Ryan, but he was my boyfriend, but Justin did kiss me- but I haven't known Justin for very long. That doesn't matter, whenever I'm with Justin I just feel... happy. Don't get me wrong, Ryan makes me laugh and is the sweetest person on the planet. He makes me feel like I'm the most important person and that no other girl compares to me. My parents love him, and so does my brother. Everyone at school thinks that Ryan and I are going to get married. Somebody brings it up whenever Ryan and I are together, and I just ignore it. I'm a senior in high school, I want to graduate before I even think of marrying anyone. Ryan thinks we're going to get married too though, my Mom has even talked to him about it before.

"Ryan, what do you think of Caitlin?" I put my fork down on my plate and looked at him from across the small two-seater table. He was wearing a light blue collared shirt and cargo shorts with matching light blue Vans.

"She's okay." Ryan shrugged, shoving some kind of chicken into his mouth.

"Hmm..."

"Why? You don't think I like her do you? I hardly know her, I'm not really sure why Justin invited her, and he says she turned creepy. But I think it was a bring-Christian-Caitlin-needs-to-come-too kind of deal."

"No reason." I glanced down at my never ending supply of food on my plate. We had been at dinner for over an hour and it looked like I didn't make a dent in my dinner.

"Karsyn," Ryan gave me 'the look', "Did Caitlin say something or do something?"

"Kind of..."

"What did she say?"

"I can't tell you or she'll hate me even more."

"Hate you even more? She hates you? But why?"

"Because," I shrugged and took a small bite of my steak covered in a Hawaiian sauce. I peeked over at Ryan, who had his arms crossed, waiting for me to explain, "Fine. When we went shopping, Caitlin told me she hated me. She told me everything we my fault. Because she loves you and it's my fault she can't have you."

"Well I am irresistible." Ryan laughed.

At Ryan's reply, I tossed my cloth napkin on the table, pushed my chair back, grabbed my purse, and stood up. It may just be me being the moody teenage girl that I am, but his sarcastic and egotistic reply was not what I had wanted him to say. I wanted him to tell me not to worry about Caitlin, that he didn't like her, that he'd always be mine. Did he not realize that it took a lot for me to tell him about Caitlin, because I was genuinely afraid that he would drop me for her.

"K, where are you going?" Ryan shouted after me. But I walked out the front door to the restaurant and down the street to a small shopping center where I pulled out my phone and called the only person I could think of that wouldn't judge me to come pick me up.

Justin's POV

"Yeah, I'll be right there." I hung up my iPhone and dashed out of the kitchen telling my mom I wouldn't be long.

It wasn't too hard to find her, the beautiful girl sitting on the curb in front of a food store, her short pale pink dress showing off her legs. She didn't even look up when I sat down next to her.

"Are you okay Karsyn?" I asked.

She just shook her head, "I'm overreacting." She said to the ground.

"What happened?" I slid my arm around her, giving her a light hug, and leaving my arm around her shoulder.

"Caitlin hates me, and she's in love with Ryan, and Ryan doesn't even seem to care. And he's changing, I can tell. He used to be so sweet to me and now he only is sweet to me around you. When we're alone he doesn't even try to talk to me, he just plays video games and texts who-knows-who on his phone. Something deep down told me that he asked to bring me here to show me off to you, so he could feel like he's better than you. I tried not to think that, but this has been happening before we even got here. I love Ryan, more than anyone, but I don't love the Ryan he's changing into." Tears were now flowing from Karsyn's eyes.

I opened my mouth to say something, but Ryan's voice came out instead, "Karsyn!"

Karsyn's head shot up and we both glanced down the street, where Ryan was running towards us yelling for us to wait for him.

"Let's go, now!" Karsyn jumped up and grabbed my hand pulling me to the Range Rover, "Shouldn't you talk to him?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "Not now. Just drive."

I did as she told me to and drove right past a panting Ryan, disappointment filled his eyes.

When we got back to the beach house, Karsyn ran up to her and Ryan's bedroom grabbed her laptop, phone charger, and a pair of pajamas and walked out of the room.

"I'll sleep on the couch in the living room." She said to me.

"That's so uncomfortable though."

"I'll be fine." She started to walk past me but I stopped her.

"You can room with me, there are two beds in my room." I offered.

She just stood there for a few minutes, thinking about what she should do. And right when I positive she was going to decline, she spoke up. "Alright, thanks." Karsyn smiled and she followed me down the hall to my room.