Chapter 5

"Justin, you scared me." I placed my hand over my heart, showing how much he had "frightened" me.

"I'm sorry," Justin chuckled.

"Why aren't you asleep?" I looked back down at my sandwich I was making, trying to not look in his beautiful eyes, which shined bright even in the dim lit kitchen.

"Couldn't sleep," He shrugged, "Had too much to think about." Justin paused for a moment and then walked out of the kitchen doorframe and next to me, "I want to show you something."

I looked at him confused, "Ryan's going to be right back, he had to grab something from the-"

"It won't take long." Justin cut me off. He grabbed my hand, which fit perfectly with his, and guided me out of the kitchen doors and out onto a little path that led down to the sand by the water. There was a white blanket laid out on the sand, not far from the water. We walked right over to it and Justin told me to have a seat.

"Now lay down and look up." He told me as he put his head on the blanket and I did the same, my head directly next to his. I looked up and saw a sky filled with stars, it looked beautiful.

"I don't get a lot of time to just... relax. I'm always doing something in some city. Big cities like the ones I'm kept in don't ever sleep, so I never get to see these stars. It's nice to be here, where it's so remote, and not have to deal with anything besides the movie and my family and friends. And for some reason I like to look at the stars." Justin turned to look at me, "I'm sorry, I don't know why I told you that," He laughed nervously, "You probably don't care. I just feel like I can tell you anything."

"Don't be sorry," I smiled, finally looking him directly in his eyes, "I'm glad you told me. I was kind of afraid that you were going to be a spoiled brat rich kid. Literally, I was so nervous to meet you and come here. But you seem really down to earth. You're not what I thought you would be."

"Well I'm glad you don't think I'm a bratty jerk." Justin's smile grew. His teeth were straight and gleaming white, and his lips looked soft and pink. The thought of kissing him slipped into my mind. But I shook my head instantly, trying to rid the idea from my head. His lips just looked so kissable. I can't kiss him though, I've known him for hardly a day! And I've got a boyfriend that I love more than anything, and he happens to be Justin's best friend! There's just something about Justin though.

"So do you like the stars?" Justin asked me, my mind coming back to the situation.

I nodded, "Of course, they're beautiful."

"Your eyes kind of sparkle like the stars." Justin pondered.

I glanced over at him, "Really?" I asked.

"Yeah..." Justin's eyes locked on mine again. I could tell he was thinking, but I wasn't sure about what. He had said he had a lot on his mind earlier. He could be thinking about anything, he's famous, he's got a lot on his plate. Although I had contemplated this happening, I was not ready for Justin's next move.

He put his hand gently on my chin, lifted up my face, and kissed me gently on the lips. The kiss lasted nothing more than three seconds, but boy did it jumble my mind. Justin looked like he was about to apologize, but he didn't get the chance.

"Are you out here Karsyn?!" Ryan whisper-yelled. I sat straight up at the sound of his voice, as did Justin. He was looking for me, he didn't know Justin was here, so he didn't know I had just kissed him. I threw my arm in the air and waved at him so he could see me. He spotted me and came strolling over.

"Oh my God, Justin, please don't say anything." I whispered, giving Justin a pleading glance. He nodded, he would keep his mouth shut.

"Ah, Justin wanted to show you the stars." Ryan laughed when he finally got over to Justin and I, "He doesn't just do that to anyone." He winked at Justin, "You must really approve of her, right bro?"

"Ugh..." Justin stuttered, I looked away, "Yeah"

"I knew you'd like Karsyn, us three are going to get along together so well!" Ryan seemed really happy, he held his hand out to pull me up off the blanket. I grabbed it and as soon as I stood up Ryan's arm went directly around my waist.

"Let's go get our snack, babe. See you tomorrow bro!" Ryan called out to Justin, who was still sitting on the blanket, head down looking at the ground. Justin didn't even look up, he just gave a quick wave to Ryan and started walking back to the beach house with me.

"So what do you think about Justin?" Ryan asked me. We were sitting on the couch in our room, eating our sandwiches and watching Modern Family.

"He seems cool." I took a bite of my sandwich, man I was hungry, "He looks like he has really soft lips." Oh shit, I bit my lip at the last comment, hoping Ryan didn't think it was odd. But instead he just laughed making a comment on how cute I was.

If he knew his best friend kissed me, and I didn't do anything to stop him, he wouldn't be thinking I was so cute right now.