31

{March 1st 2017, 1 am}

"I'm so tired. Why did I agree to this?" Gigi yawns loudly, as she follows her best friend into Justin's house.

"Because you're my best friend." Leah glares at Gigi over her shoulder, to which Gigi responds to by raising her hands in surrender.

"So," Justin's best friend Ryan says, "Blondie, you single?"

Gigi smirks and goes to respond to him but is cut off by Leah. "Ryan, can we please focus on the task at hand?"

"Sue me for trying to get her number and have some fun." Ryan mumbles, leaning against the wall of the living room.

Leah glares at him before setting everything up for Justin's surprise.

*****

Later on in the morning, Leah hastily got dressed and drove over to Justin's house, to get there before he woke up.

As she snuck into his house, she heard footsteps around the house and inwardly groaned. Was he already awake?

"Morning sunshine," Ryan greets her, taking a bite out of his apple, "Where's blondie?"

Leah rolls her eyes. "Is he awake?" Ryan shakes his head no, and Leah tiptoes up the stairs and into Justin's room.

Justin was sprawled across his king size bed, his tattooed upper body on display.

A small smile spreads across her lips as she pulls out the roll of red string from her back pocket. As quietly as she possibly could, she ties one end of the string around his finger and unwraps the rest, leading it to the living room.

She ties the other end around her own pointer finger, and waits for him to wake up.

"Is this going to work?" Ryan asks, making her look up from the ground.

"I hope so."

About twenty minutes later, Justin woke up feeling extremely uncomfortable. He rubbed his bleary eyes, reaching around for his glasses.

As he puts his glasses on, he notices the red string tied around his finger. "What the..?" He mumbles, running a hand through his hair.

He checks his phone for a text from Leah, as he quickly tugs on a black t-shirt with black basketball shorts. Unfortunately, there was no text, making him agitated. How could Leah just forget about his birthday?!

He looks down at the red string once again and realized that it led to something. Justin begins to follow it, leaving his room behind.

"He's awake." Leah quickly rises to her feet as she hears Justin walking down the stairs.

"What's up with this string?" Justin yawns, walking into the living room. His eyes widen at the sight of the girl he had a major crush on, and the scenery behind her.

Behind her stood large golden balloons that said, 'happy birthday'. The living room was decorated with balloons and other party things, and in the middle stood Leah with a box in her hands.

"You remembered. I thought you didn't." Justin breathes out, engulfing the petite girl in a hug.

"I'd never forget. Happy birthday Jay." Leah smiles, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.