83

A/N : second last chapter ...

{July 19th 2017}

Uncomfortable. That's how Justin and Leah were feeling. They were standing backstage, waiting for their cue to go on.

"You look beautiful." Justin manages to say, after minutes of silently checking her out. Leah wore a silky, floor length, v-neck champagne colour dress, with a slit that started at her waist and showed off her tan leg. Justin never regretted fooling around with Hailey more than he did, at that very moment.

Without even looking at him, Leah says, "You look great as well." Even though Leah had snuck a few looks at her stunning ex boyfriend, she wanted to keep everything between them 'professional' for the day.

"Leah-"

"Stop." Leah says through gritted teeth, interrupting his millionth apology.

Justin nods his head and looks away sadly. He wanted her back, but she wouldn't listen to him anymore.

"Please welcome our special guests, supermodel Leah Kennish and Justin Bieber!" Ellen says, making the crowd clap and cheer as the pair walk on stage. "You look gorgeous!" Ellen says to Leah, as she pulls her into a hug. Leah mumbles a quiet 'thank you'. Ellen hugs Justin as well, who places a soft kiss on her cheek.

Leah and Justin sit down next to each other on the love seat across from Ellen, the three of them waiting for the cheering and clapping to die down.

"You know," Justin says as soon as the crowd goes quiet, "I feel very offended."

"And why is that?" Ellen asks, arching her eyebrow in confusion.

"I mean, Leah was welcomed as a supermodel. But me? I was just welcomed as Justin Bieber. Do you know how boring that sounds?" Justin says, making everyone laugh.

Leah glances at him, a smile curling her lips. Even though she broke up with him, she still loved him with all her heart. And whenever he said or did stupid things like this, she couldn't help but love him even more.

"You could've welcomed me as, international sensation or, one of the most talented artists or even as, my favourite celebrity. I'm just so hurt Ellen. Why would you do me like that?" Justin dramatically places a hand on his chest, as a soft laugh escapes Leah's pink lips.

Even though her soft laugh was overpowered by everyone else laughing, Justin still heard her. And he still thought that it was the best sound in the whole world.

"Oh get over it," Ellen waves him off. "So, how are you two doing?" For a second, they're both caught off guard. Neither of them knew what to say.

"Um," Leah glances at Justin from the corner of her eye before looking back at Ellen with a fake smile, "I'm okay. Don't know about Biebs over here."

Justin forces out a laugh that sounds like he's being strangled, "I'm actually not okay."

Leah holds her breath as Ellen cranes forwards, with a frown. "What's wrong?"

"I- um, I recently got out of a relationship and I'm just not doing so swell." Justin admits, dropping his gaze to his lap.

"Oh. Oh." Ellen's eyes widen as she points at the two of them, "You two... Broke up?"

Justin and Leah slowly nod their heads, making the audience gasp. "But why? How?"

"Uh well," Leah starts awkwardly. She inhales a deep breath, before continuing, "we rushed into things and it was great while it lasted but, the reaction from fans wasn't the most ideal thing. And it's just really hard to be in a relationship when both of your lives are constantly on show, for everyone else to see. We still love each other and maybe we'll get back together some time in the future, but we've just chosen to go our separate ways for now."