32. a r o m a

*UNEDITED*

Sera / Jules / Other

Sera was at her shift and the coffee shop she started to love bit by bit. She wasn't exactly the biggest coffee fan but now, the smell fit her. She didn't know how, but it did. She was just ringing up the money from a customer and she looked out the window. Everyone called her a daydreamer but she shrugged all those comments away. 

The streets of Soho were very busy. People, both men and women, bustled along the streets running to catch buses or taxis. Yet, despite the congested look of the city, she loved it. It was artsy, you could see graffiti (the legal ones of course) on walls and it just fit the city. It was full of people from all walks of life with different purposes. As ridiculous as that may have sounded, Sera thought it fit Soho. The part that she loved the most was that it was part of the West End - theaters galore. Just the other day, she'd watched Les Miserables and she ended up getting all teary. She then remembered that she had called Jules. 

"Hey Sera!"  came a voice from the kitchen snapping her out of her daze.

Sera snapped out of her thoughts and turned around. It was Carrie. 

"Yup?" 

"There's apparently a shipment of coffee beans coming in from Ethiopia today. Do you mind signing the forms and receiving them because I have to cut my 'shift' short and go to a party?"

"No problem! I'll get it!"

"You're a massive lifesaver! Thanks Sera!"

"No problemo!"

Working at Cerys' Coffee Shop was just amazing. It smelt so... cosy and safe. Working there temporarily removed her stress from school and her life. 

She started to think about Jules and his adorable little sister Elena. Since their whole conversations were even the phone, they'd never been able to see each other. 

'I wonder what he looks like.' thought Sera.

He was tall, she knew that from their conversations. He was 6'1. What colour were his eyes? Were they green, hazel, blue or brown? Was his hair blonde, brown, ginger or black? What was his build? How did he dress? These were the questions that flew around Sera's head. Suddenly, Sera's mind conjured up Jules - well, her mind's Jules anyway. He was statuesque and had messy dirty blonde hair, with twinkly blue eyes. He had a straight nose and tended to wear a lot of sweaters and jeans. This was just Sera's imagination though and there was only a minute chance he would actually turn out the way she thought he would.

Jules was quite a nice person even though Sera hated to admit it out loud. He knew how to make her feel way better when she felt a bit stressed or annoyed. He was like an excited little kid most of the time which was definitely interesting. She was also eternally grateful to Jules ever since that day he sung her to sleep. Nobody would go out of their way to do that. As she slipped deeper and deeper into her thoughts she heard a voice.

"Yoohoo! You there love?" 

It was the delivery guy. He was lanky and looked about 16. He had very scruffy black hair and looked like he wasn't here because he wanted to be here.

"Yeah sorry. Is this the coffee beans delivery?"

"Yes. Derek's just delivered it to the storeroom like Mr.Sheridan told us."

Mr Sheridan..? Oh right. Jeremy.

"Oh ok. Where do I sign?"

Sera signed the delivery forms and checked up on the beans like Jeremy told her to and she returned to her counter. Her phone rang and she went up to it. No guesses who it was. It was Jules. She pressed the answer button.

"HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOO CINNAMON!"

"HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOO JULESY!"

"How ya' doing?"

"Good. At my shift at work. You?"

"Oh, babysitting Elena and her little friends. Where do you work anyways?"

"At a coffee shop. Awww Elena. She's so cute!"

"Has it ever occurred to you that working at a coffee shop is very cliche?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"And is it also weird that I secretly ship Jonah and Elena even though as far as I know, they haven't had a conversation?"

"I was just thinking that... What's the ship name???"

"Elenah? NOOO JELENAH!!!"

"IT'S BEAUTIFUL."

"Like you."

"WHAT?!"

"Ahem, I meant to say like your little brother."

"Oh eh really?"

"Er... yeah?"

"Ahem. Well..."

"Well... Elena ballet dances."

"AWW really?? That's cute!"

"Her recital's coming up soon."

"What is she dancing to?"

"Swan lake... or was it Duck Lake?"

"..."

"Just kidding! I knew it's Swan Lake because my mum does ballet."

"Your family is so artsy."

"Indeed. Well I have to dash because Elena's slyly tiptoeing to the bag that contains skittles."

"Bye!"

"Bye cinnamon!"

Sera hated to admit it but every time she and Jules talked something fluttered in her stomach. What were those feelings? Was it acquaintance? Sera looked down at the counter and as a customer came in, she told herself that she would feel nothing but friendship for Jules. After all, she didn't want herself to end up with a broken heart.

A/N: YOOHOO! I've got my half term holidays! A bit of a late update but then again, I don't have a update schedule! What do you think Sera is feeling? (You - *rolls eyes*)

Jelenah. The siblings ship it!

QUESTIONS: What was the most recent movie you watched? What is your best quality?

Don't forget to vote, share and comment!

Till next time!