Prologue

[Name]'s POV

The raven haired guy, who I claim as my best friend walked beside me, his hands in his pockets and he was staring at the ground, grumbling incoherent words. I huffed, disappointed that he wouldn't even take the time to talk to me even though I've already tried. Apparently, he was beyond annoyed that Naruto left him with me since he had to run some errands. Then again, I tried to start the conversation. "Sasuke.." I called out softly, but it was loud enough for him to hear. But then again, there was no response.

His attitude began ticking me off and out of my conscience, I smacked the back of his head, making him groan and look at me with a scowl. I smiled in victory, crossing my arms over my chest. "Well, at least that got your attention."

"Would you, for once, at least, quit being annoying?" He growled, rubbing his head where I'd hit him. "You know I like to annoy you, duckbutt. But, I would've been less annoying if you'd replied to me every once in a while, but instead, you made me talk to the wind."

He kept a phlegmatic face and just kept walking, making me huff heavily in result. What an absolute ass, like his hair. It's like he barely notices my presence. Don't get me wrong, I don't really crave for his attention like how his fangirls do but what kind of best friend wouldn't want to seek for her best friend's attention? I mean, best friends are supposed to be laughing around, telling jokes to each other not pretending to not feel the presence of the other. I don't even know how Naruto dealt with this guy.

I smirked to myself, and kept silent for a while. Listening to the soft whistles of the wind, it was getting close to sun down. Since Naruto, Sasuke and I live close to each other, we usually walk to school and back home together, but sometimes, duckbutt would also give us rides, or Naruto or me, depends. But this time, we just decided to walk home. But unfortunately, it was only duckbutt and I.

"Doesn't matter anyway.." I spoke again after a while, sensing Sasuke raise his eyebrow at my sudden statement. I'm pretty sure he's annoyed that I decided to break the silence once again. "Because, I know you're listening to every babble of mine." I grinned, facing him.

He chuckled when I said babble but didn't utter a single word. This time, we were finally standing in front of our houses, and I decided to speak again, "Besides," Sasuke rolled his eyes, when he heard me again, knowing that I still hadn't shut up. Much to his annoyance, I still continued, "We both know you love me duckass." I blew a raspberry at him and ran inside. He hated it when I would say those words to him so I made a run for it before he could rant about it.

I expected Sasuke to knock on my door to give me lectures about saying those words even in public but there was none. I hummed but shrugged it off, before changing into my casual clothes.

Then my phone beeped, indicating that there was a message. And my heart skipped a beat at the message.. I blinked..

Once..

Twice..

Maybe I do love you..
-Your beloved duckbutt.

---------------

Author's Note: 

Hello! This story is exactly the same story from Quotev.com

Hope you'll enjoy this o(^▽^)o

-K