Chapter 11

[Name]'s POV

It's been a week since the little Sasuke occurrence and so far, the days that have passed went by normally. It was like nothing really happened that night. I've been trying to take off the thoughts in my mind. Thoughts like.. everything that happened that night.. were they really all just a prank? It was just to serious to even call it one. But Sasuke, with wearing a straight face all the time, makes him unreadable.

I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Everything's gone back to the way it was. Okay, but there was one thing though.. I don't know if it's just me but I think Sakura's having way too much time with Sasuke. It hurts but I know I shouldn't think that way. We're just best friends. Yeah.. But it seems- how do I put it? Hmm.. Inconvenient. What's even worse is that he's not even answering our calls or even texts.

I mean what's up with him all of the sudden? What happened to bros before hoes? Okay, I'm a girl so I may or may not be considered a bro- literally. But you get what I mean, right?

Ever since then, our little group of three turned into a group of two. Naruto and I. And speaking of that little ball of sunshine, well, I guess I can't really call him that anymore. He seems to be really bothered by something, of course, I could tell what was fretting him. From the corner of my eye, I saw Naruto with his lips pushed forward, "What's wrong, Naruto?" I asked, thinking that it could be another reason.

His blue eyes averted from the floor to me. Even a stranger could tell that something's troubling him. It took him longer to reply to me than usual, "Sasuke's been M.I.A for too long. He barely even hang out with us anymore."

Oh.. so I was right and I guess it wasn't just me. I can't blame him for thinking that way, 'cause it's true. He hasn't been going out with us as much as possible but, "I think we should be happy for him. I mean, I think he's seeing Sakura, right? I guess we could finally say he's growing up to be a man." I smiled at him, stopping a bit on my tracks for him to catch up.

We haven't been with our raven haired buddy for a some time, we do cross paths but a simple nod of acknowledgement is only what we exchange to each other, as if.. as if he's not really our best friend! As if he's just an acquaintance. He doesn't ride with us anymore, instead, he takes his car with him. During lunch breaks, Naruto and I would spot him with the pinkette. The two of them seem to be having fun. I guess I was right, they do look better off together. And as a friend, I should be happy for him.

But even so, my lips would form into a frown instead of a smile. I missed him, his presence. It just isn't just the same without him. "Hey Naruto, what do you say we get some ramen, yeah?" Thinking about how I feel alone sounds so selfish of me. I'm not the only one who's affected by his absence. I thought with that he'd be happy, but I thought wrong. His eyes didn't even show a glint of contentment. "Just the two of us?"

I sighed in defeat. Of course he would ask that. "Sasuke's.. Well, Sasuke's with Sakura now. I wouldn't be surprised if one day he'd waltz in saying that they're already together."

Naruto stopped on his tracks right beside me. He looked up with sad eyes and heaved a sigh, "That may be so."

"But anyway, if you don't like the idea of just the two of us, we could always invite Lee, Kiba, Shikamaru, Neji, Chouji. You know, the gang? It's a Friday, so they're probably free." I gave him a weak smile which he finally returned. Well at least he looks assured now.

With a few invitations sent to our buddies, we were now gathered To say we would've been complete if Sasuke were here is a fact. Nevertheless, to see Naruto happy right now is what really matters. He's been awfully crestfallen without the Uchiha over the past days.