Chapter 3

[Name]'s POV

The next day, I decided to stay at home, giving Naruto and Sasuke a text that I was sick and I couldn't drive them to school. You know what Sasuke replied? A single letter, and that was the letter K. A big ass letter K. Naruto, being the sweet guy he is, gave me a call saying he'll be driving Sasuke to school with him and also told me to get well soon. And he'll be visiting me as well. Yeah right, as if you don't every single day.

It was already 12 in the afternoon, my stomach was grumbling. I haven't eaten anything after the apple Neji gave me. It surprised me how I was able to survive up until now. The second I got home from school yesterday, I directly went to sleep. I woke up at like 8 in the morning but decided to stay in bed with random thoughts running through my head.

I finally decided to sit up, running my fingers through my disheveled hair. "I'm too lazy to make lunch." I muttered under my breath. A part of me regretted missing school, dragging along the thoughts of missing surprise quizzes, lessons, assignments and such. Just taking a day off of high school and you're already missing a load of tasks. It's not even easy to cope up.

The doorbell rang, unexpectedly. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. Who could it be? No one ever visits me, well, except for Naruto and Sasuke, of course. I forced myself to stand up and walk downstairs to open the door. But before that, I peeked through the window to see who it was. However, the only thing I saw was black hair. Huh, who could it be?

The moment I opened the door, my eyes softened, I found myself giving the unexpected visitor a toothy grin, "Itachi!" I cried, as he welcomed me in his open arms. I embraced him, his breath tickling my neck as he chuckled.

"[Name].." I released him and he gave me a wide smile. "What brings you here? Aren't you supposed to be-"

"Week off." He cut me off with a bunch of chuckles. "It's been a long time, [Name]." He says while I opened the door wider, indicating him to come in. "We just saw each other like two weeks ago." I countered him, giggling in between.

"Oh yeah, I brought you these. Sasuke told me to check up on you and bring you some medicine, though he never really told me your sickness, so I brought some medicines for common sicknesses." He told me, making me raise an eyebrow, taking the bag off his hands. Sasuke told him? And I thought he never really cared, well, all he did was send me a 'K'.

I laughed nervously, "A-ano.. I- uh." I began to trail off. It made Itachi look at me with a worried expression. "Are you okay, [Name]? Is there something you need?" He asked, walking towards me, putting a hand over my forehead before his palm made contact with my neck. My breath hitched. I mean, there is a god right in front of me.

Okay call me anything you want but I liked Itachi before, man. How can you not? He's a great guy, unlike his younger brother who's an arrogant ass. Itachi's intelligent, he's got looks and he sure knows how to treat a girl right. Plus he's kind and caring! Are you saying Sasuke's not caring? If it weren't for him Itachi wouldn't be here in the first place. Besides, Sasuke's got the looks as well, and is the genius in your batch. How can someone not like him? I frantically shook out the thoughts. What the heck? I don't know if it was me siding on Sasuke or not. Oh my g-

"[Name]!" Itachi's voice snapped me back to reality. His onyx eyes that were just like his brother's pierced into mine. I felt my cheeks heating up as the only 'words' that came out of my mouth were, "Huh? I- um, I-I.."

The Uchiha sighed but gave me a small smile, "You seemed to be in deep thought there, and you were staring at me." He chuckled a bit, rubbing the back of his neck. I gave him a lopsided smile, "S-sorry, I was just.. um, uh- I'm really not sick, Itachi. I just skipped school.."