Chapter 19

[Name]'s POV

Slowly the days passed by and before I knew it, it was already Christmas Eve. As usual, Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi and I are all gathered around the living room, each of us holding a cup of hot cocoa, sharing memories and thinking about what to do in the near future. Soon, we'll all be in college and our busy lives will get even busier.

How'd midterms go, you ask? We'll, it went quite fair. As assured by Sasuke that I'll pass, he did help me with my studies. I have to admit, it was absolutely awkward. However, soon after time went by, the unwanted tension was brushed off like it was nothing. I had no problem about that of course. We just focused on studying..

Yesterday, Itachi came to pay a visit for Christmas. Of course, gifts were brought. I, too, had gifts for them as well. Although I'm not really sure they'd appreciate it. I really hope they will though. I got the two of them black and white friendship bracelets which had silver linings that I bought from Pandora. It matches my gray one as well. And as for Itachi, I just got him volumes of books of his favorite series.

The Christmas tree's filled with loads of presents despite of the fact that there's only four of us. Majority were Naruto's. I can't even imagine seeing him shopping all these stuff. "Oh yeah, I had to buy a couple of them for Hinata. I'll give them tomorrow." The blond said, tightening his grip on the blanket that went over to wrap his body for warmth.

"Hn. Why put it there?" I averted my eyes over to see Sasuke, raising his brow. The light illuminating half of his face and half being caressed by the shadows casting. I couldn't overlook his features again, even with his scowl, he's still so handsome.

Fighting the urge to frown, I smiled, letting out a small fit of giggles. "It makes the tree look complete and you know.." Naruto trailed off, waving his hands as if to dismiss the topic, only making he raven scoff at him in return for the second time.

It was nearly around 10:50 in the evening and Itachi looked like he's about to pass out on his seat. Even the hand that's supporting his head is about to fall, constantly getting startled by Naruto's loud reactions. The elder Uchiha slowly shut his eyes not too soon, his head plopping on the armrest of his seat.

Letting out a disappointed, gruff noise, the Uzumaki blew a raspberry of the no longer conscious Uchiha, "Bleh! Itachi! You loser!"

"He's probably tired from the long journey, Naruto." I say softly, taking an adequate amount of the hot beverage just to send the heat in me. I received a mock in response to my defense for Itachi but I didn't mind his childish act.

Silence, once again, entered. The only sound made was the noise of cackling fire from the chimney. I laid my back on the floor, putting the cup down beside me in process. I sighed in relief as I felt my back relax. "It's almost 12." The younger Uchiha announced after glancing on his watch.

"Just an hour left." I continued, staring at the ceiling still. There was barely any source of light, just like how we like it. Dim and serene. "You know what I don't get about Christmas sometimes?" Naruto asked, crossing his arms with a fixed impression.

"What?"

"I don't get why we still have to wait for AM to come to open our gifts. Why not now? Anyway, we are going to receive them and open them." He whined, reaching out so his index finger's touching the present that laid close to him.

Sasuke and I snickered at his question. Well, he does have a point. I mean, we are going to open them either way but it's what makes Christmas special, I guess. We just really have to wait.

"Ano, Sasuke." Naruto called, a smirk worn on his face. My eyebrow raised at him, looking forward to his next words. The said guy hummed in reSponse to him. "You know what?"