Chapter 16

[Name]'s POV

The first day of midterm exams finally came and as always, there was utter silence aside from the tapping of pencils. Forty-five minutes have passed and I was already ending the test with my last statement. Thanks to Neji's tutoring, I was able to find this assessment easy. Speaking of the Hyuga, I've also been spending more time with him than usual, not because anything is going on between us but because he's been helping me with my studies. He did offer a hand.

The kiss was done accidentally, it didn't affect our relationship, except he did confess to me that he liked me since years back which surprised me. However, since he didn't want to lose our friendship, we decided to keep it cool like nothing really happened. If he asked me to be more than just his best friend, I wouldn't know what to! I don't see him like how I used to anymore. I like Sasuke.

But just like Neji, I also don't want to lose our friendship. I don't want to throw all those years we've spent together just because of one wrong move. Besides, he likes Sakura.

Let's brush that topic off, there's nothing wrong with staying as his best friend. With that, I could always be with him and without the feeling of awkwardness. If I stay as his best friend, we'll always be close.

But..

The day he gets married is bound to come and I know I won't be that girl he'll marry. That would be ridiculous! Him? Marry me? What a joke. I call bets on that pinkette. And when that day comes, he'll soon have a family and things won't be the same. I can't just go over his side and wrap my arms around him like I do, I can't just sit next to him as close as how our shoulders would brush against each other, not when he's married or in a relationship with someone else. I can just see him in a grand black suit, waiting for her to finish her short journey on the aisle as I watch them from the side.

Being a best friend is different from being his girl friend, his wife. A best friend could stay for a while, a wife will stand by his side for a lifetime.

No! Why the heck am I thinking about this?! At this time even! I'm too young to think about this! I just want to wash these thoughts off my head but I can't and it's hurting me every second. Ugh, I hate me. I should really stop. Okay, let's think about baby Sasuke walking around his house wearing nothing but diapers.

The next thing I knew, I was starting to stifle a giggle, causing a few heads to look at my direction with a expression of confusion. And from a distance, I saw the Uchiha watch me like I've gone crazy. It was a good thing that our proctor's asleep with a book covering his face even. Let's face it, we all could've cheated since he's been asleep for the last thirty minutes.

I glanced back at the raven duckbutt who was scowling, giving me his dirty middle finger. I wasn't offended, in fact it made restraining my laughter harder for me. I mean, Sasuke wearing diapers! Hmm..

My eyes averted to the window, seeing the last leaf fall from its branch. Which then reminded me that Christmas is coming, not that it's a big deal anyway. It would just be like some other ordinary day for me, Naruto and maybe Sasuke. Itachi might come home as well.

I wonder what it'd be like if Naruto and Sasuke were to be together. You know, Naruto and Sasuke would confess their undying love to each other and maybe start a family and all...

....

I should really shut up.

"Okay, everyone past your papers!" I was snapped back to reality when I heard the groggy voice of our teacher, looking like he's still half asleep. Everyone did what they were told before we all were dismissed. The raven and blond walked up to me slowly, suspicion written all over their faces. I raised my eyebrow at them, a smile still evident in my face.