Chapter One

Running. That's all I've been doing for months now. Running away from people. Running away from my problems. Especially running away from flesh eating scum.

I've seen things a sixteen year old girl should never see. I've had my family ripped away from my own bare hands. I've lost people, good people.

I used to cry. I used to feel some kind of sorrow for myself. Now, I feel nothing. I don't know how to feel anymore. I used to have emotions and I would over react to certain situations. I just shut down now. I don't have anyone to talk to so my thoughts aimlessly take over. I find myself hating the world more and more everyday.

I tugged my book bag closer to me. I was searching for anything that had to do with food or water. But all I've found so far was nothing. Everything has been cleared out from what I can see.

I sighed taking a tiny sip of the water I and left, trying to save it. The room temperature water ran down my throat. I carefully put the water back into my book bag.

Groans. I heard a lot of groans. I feared for my safety now. I quickened my pace, trying to save energy just in case I had to run fast.

A herd emerged from the thick woods. A guy running away from them. My eyes widened, I held my knife close to my side, plunging it into the skull of the first undead creature that came towards me. I ripped the blade out of it's head. Sighing heavily, the dead flesh burning my nostrils. He looked at me. "Hurry come with me!" His low husky voice boomed. I was hesitant at first, that was until I felt my legs running with his. The adrenaline rush almost made me faster than him.

The smell of dead flesh ran up my nose, making my eyes tear. I needed to keep running. For my sake and for this man's sake.

ALEXANDRIA SAFE ZONE

The sign near the fence stated. The rusty gates, I cringed at the sound, were quickly opened. The stranger and I ran into the gates. Both out of air, I gasped and quickly took my water bottle, guzzling the warm liquid. The man wheezed in and out also. I looked down at my water bottle and handed it to him. "Here." I said quietly. "You look like you need it." I was still breathing heavily. The smell of dead flesh still burning through my nose.

He took my water bottle and drank the rest of it. Finally he got his breathing under control. "Thank you..." He was hinting for my name.

"Tessa." I hesitated at first, but it looked like I was gonna be here a while from the looks of it. The flesh eaters surrounded the area.

"I'm Rick." He put his hand out. I shook it gracefully.

"Thank you ,Rick, for saving me. If y'all needa you can look through my bag, I got nothin to hide." He looked shocked.

"Of course not, We're not like that. But we do have a few questions that we gotta ask, alright?"

"O'Course."

"How many walkers have you killed?" He asked.

"Too many to count, sir."

"How many people have you killed?" The second question hit me right in the chest.

"One." I whispered, I was trying my best to stay cold. To stay stern. My voice cracked.

"Why?" He looked at me.

I looked back. "They asked me to." I said, whispering.

He nodded. "I'll have somebody give you a tour of the community. Welcome to Alexandria."

"Dad!" I looked over and saw a boy with a sheriff hat on.

*****
HEY MY BEAUTIFUL LADIES AND GENTS

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED AND REMEMBER DONT BE A SILENT READER!

VOTE COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME FOR MORE STORIES!

I HOPE YALL ENJOYED AND ILL TALK TO Y'ALL SOON