Ch. 9 Lauren Gets A Job

Time Skip: 2 Months

"Marcos, eat your carrots," Normani demanded of her son. She hated being home alone with him. Sure he minded and was sweet, but he was so busy, and lately he had a little attitude.

"Mommy, will I turn de color naranja?"

Normani raised an eyebrow. That boy knew she didn't know any damn Spanish. "Uh, what? Son, speak English, mommy doesn't know that word. You'll turn color? I don't get it."

Marcos smirked, suddenly relenting something naughty that he'd heard his Cuban mommy say. "Mi madre de chocolate es a grande coño?"

Now that last word Mani knew, so needless to say she threw those dirty clothes down and went after her son.

"Boy, get your ass here!"

Marcos jumped down from his chair and ran from his mom. When was Cuban mommy coming home?

--------------------------

"Mrs. Hamilton, I have your reports ready for you. Is there anything else you needed from me?"

Lauren chewed on her lip, her focus solely on her extremely long To-Do list. "No, that'll be all Diane... I mean, Ms. Guerrero."

Diane smirked, taking her time to eye her boss as she frowned at her notepad. How could someone be that fine? "Alright, well, you seem to have a busy day, so let me know if I can be of any assistance in easing that stress."

Lauren picked up on her tone, shocked and flattered that her secretary would even think of her in that manner. She stayed silent as she watched the woman leave her office, swaying her hips a little too much for any type of professionalism.
-------------------

"Mani, he's not that bad, you're exaggerating," Dinah began, holding her hand out for Marcos to take it, "See, rule number one when going out with him, is that you secure his hand in your own. Like this is basic shit, Normani."

"Basic shit, Mani, basic shit," Marcos repeated, giggling because he knew it was bad.

"Boy, don't think because we are in public that I won't beat your ass," Mani warned.

Dinah chuckled, her Godson was a mess but she wouldn't have him any other way. "Anyway, how is it being home a few days out of the week? Is it weird knowing that Lauren has a job again?"

Normani groaned, "It's such a change, like, I initially was excited to spend more time with Marcos, but I'm going a little stir crazy at times. Then, on top of that, he's now in that phase of terrible toddler that is driving me insane. He takes immense pleasure out of being a pain in my ass."

Dinah laughed, "Duh, he's a toddler. That's what they do. Look, cherish these moments, he won't be 3 forever, it's like a blink of an eye and he's starting kindergarten, then middle school and then one day you wake up and he's a moody ass teenager."

Normani paused for a second to consider what Dinah was saying. The girl could be wise when she wasn't annoying. She took a second to look at her mini me, smiling at his dancing eyes and mischievous nature.

 She took a second to look at her mini me, smiling at his dancing eyes and mischievous nature