Ch. 11- Surprise, Surprise

This book is always the hardest for me to update because my plan for it was snapshots in the life of Laurmani. It's the main reason I'm not doing the same format with Daddy Lauren, but honestly you guys just give this story so much love and I appreciate you all so so much.

So, sorry for the wait—– but here's the chapter before the end 😘

——————————————–
Time Skip- 3 more months

"Mani!!! Can you bring me some pickles!?" Lauren yells, from the bedroom.

Mani, in the kitchen, rolls her eyes for the eighth time this hour.

"Marcos, can you go bring Mommy these pickles?" Mani asks her son.

Marcos runs over to his mommy, hopping over the lines on their marble floors.

"Maniiiii!! Hurry up!" Lauren yells again.

Mani sighs, thrusting the ziplock bag of mini pickles in his hands.

"Rápido, nino," says Mani.

Lately Lauren has been forcing her to use what little Spanish she knows, claiming that Marcos needed to speak it more. Although, remembering the last time he called her a coño, it was safe to say her little demon knew a hell of a lot more than he was showing Lauren.

"Really, Mani! Using Marcos because you're too lazy!?"

That's another thing that's been getting on Mani's nerves lately; Lauren's attitude. She's been more bitchy than she usually was, been eating a hell of a lot of pickles and her sex drive, or should she say lack of sex drive, had Mani buying porn subscriptions like Hot Cheetos.

"Lauren, please. Marcos loves to do small things like that. You have the pickles, what could possibly have you angry now?"

Lauren walks out of the bedroom, her messy outfit on and pickle juice dripping down her jaw, "I wanted youuu to bring them!"

"And wipe your mouth Lauren, we already have one kid, I don't need two."

"Oh!? Well fuck you because I'm pregnant!" Lauren yells, spoiling the surprise of telling Normani with a romantic dinner.

Mani drops the glass pickle jar, only faintly hearing it smash into the ground into small, sharp pieces.

"Wh-What did you say?" She asks Lauren, softly.

"I," sniffle, "I'm pregnant, Mani."

Jesus, Mani thinks. Don't get her wrong, she loves Lauren and loves her son but....she thought that they would have more time.

"Say something, asshole!" Lauren yells, switching quickly from the meek girl she was not even a minute ago.

"Asshole, Mani, you're an asshole," Marcus repeats, chiming in.

"Boy, go take a damn nap or something. Don't you hear adults talking?" Mani snaps back, squinting her eyes for good measure.

"Lo siento, Mamiii, no beats!" Marcos says, running towards his room.

"Baby, how long have you known?" Mani asks, trying to keep her voice even.

"Like a month, I wanted to make sure so I took test after test and honestly I'm at a loss because I actually took the birth control this time!"

Mani purses her lips, this time.

"So, a whole month? When were you planning on telling me?"

"Tomorrow night, Dinah and I had been planning a nice dinner and I had this whole plan but....I just... I'm so hungryyyy! Like all the damn time!" Lauren screams, hitting the countertop with her fist.