Four: The Stolen Kiss. (Edited)

The Stolen Kiss.

The weekend came faster than I expected it, but I had been grateful to have a moment to myself after dealing with the moving company, the car company, and even my own students. After the incident with Trevor, I had pressed charges, and as this had happened while he was on parole, he was sent to juvie for two years. I thought this had been harsh, but after reviewing his history, two years had been a slap on his wrist. The justice system had disgusted me too much, and there were days where I truly wish what I did in court did make a difference. 

"Hey, I think someone is at your door," Juno spoke as she dragged my thoughts away and forced me back into reality. Turning my head to look at Juno, I watched as she pointed her chopsticks towards the front door, just as the doorbell went off. A frown tugged at my features as I reached into the right pocket of my sweats and pulled my phone out to see that it had been almost eight at night. Who the hell was here at this hour? Reaching forward, I set my takeout container of mushroom chicken on the coffee table and got up, quickly adjusting my tank top, and made my way to the front door. 

"Careful, it could be the craigslist killer," Piper snickered, causing me to blindly raise my middle finger and flip her off just as I opened the front door. To my surprise, it had been Athena and her friends standing outside of my door. My eyebrow raised as I looked back down at my phone, wondering why she had been here this late. Looking back up at them, I shoved my phone back into my pocket and leaned against the doorframe. My eyes drifted over their outfit, the realization of what had happened clicked in my head as I gave out a low sigh and gestured for them to come in. 

"Why did you think it would be smart to sneak out of the house?" I asked, watching as they each stepped into the house, one by one. Athena's friends had seemed to be surprised by my comment, but they kept to themselves, huddles close together, almost as though they were defending themselves from an attack. 

"Dad grounded me after I called him a little bitch," 

"Why did you call dad a little bitch?" I asked right away. It was rare for any of us to say anything to our dad when it came to an insult, especially when he was in one of his moods. That man knew how to throw a punch, regardless of who you were to him. There had been many times where Blake and dad had the cops called on them for their fights. Even the ones that started as a joke turned violent really fast. 

"He slapped mom," A sigh left my lips from this as I shut and locked the front door, as Piper's words echoed through my thoughts. I knew she had been joking, but you never knew how copycats would attack.

"He's still hitting her? Do the others know?" I asked as I made my way towards the light switch and turned the lights on, allowing them to see my living room a bit better. The house hadn't been dirty, but with the current takeout that covered the entire coffee table, the living room just seemed dirty. Swallowing, I gestured for them to sit down, which they did. On the other end of the oversized sectional, away from Juno and Piper. I guess Piper's reputation as a bitch at school stuck outside of those walls. 

"I don't think so, but I'm not surprised they don't know. They're so caught in their own lives, no one outside it is important," Athena's remark had hit home a little for me, as that's how home life had always been. Everyone just did their own thing, and if you weren't involved, for the time being, you were just in the way and weren't worth the attention, even if it was a quick greeting. 

"Jesus, your dad needs to be fucking shot," Piper spoke, taking her attention away from the horror movie that had been playing. This had taken the girls by surprise, as Piper did have a strict no swearing policy, but it wasn't because of the idea of respect. Instead, she just knew that if she started swearing, she wouldn't be able to stop. Inhaling deeply, I let the air escape slowly before I sat back down on the couch and picked up my food.