Fourteen: We Need to Talk about Athena. (Edited)

I want to make some clarifications on Evita's name and how to pronounce it. It's literally Eva. The I and T are silent, but from some comments, and people reaching out to me, if you've grown used to pronouncing the I and T, that's perfectly okay.

-

We Need to Talk about Athena.

"Hey, your sister is here," Evita spoke as she opened the door to my office, pulling my attention away from my computer. I looked at her, a frown tugging at my face. That statement had been too cryptic, even for me. I had four sisters. Evita took note of the look on my face before she mouthed Athena, causing me to roll my eyes. Evita gave out a small chuckle from this response. Evita, unfortunately, had only been loosely aware of my situation with Athena. She had been under the impression that Athena and I didn't get along because she was a kid when I left home.

I didn't have the heart to tell her the truth about Athena and the wicked games she's enjoyed playing. Instead, licking my lips, I gestured for Evita to enter the office, causing her to step through the door, closing it as soon as she entered the room, and locked the door behind her, something I was grateful for. If Athena is here, she will attempt to come into the office with me, which I didn't want to deal with, especially with my girlfriend being in the next room. Putting the screen on my computer to sleep, I pushed my chair back and stood up, making my way to the other side of the desk, and leaned against it as Evita stood in front of me. A large grin played at her lips as she set her bar prep papers on the desk and leaned in, resting her hands on either side of me on the desk.

My eyes took her in, noticing that her eyes had been a little red. Reaching my hands out, I cupped her cheeks and pulled her in for a kiss. The kiss had been innocent, but every second our lips stayed locked, the passion grew. Leaning forward, I trailed my hands down Evita's side until I had her ass cupped in my hands and lifted her with ease. Evita gave out a small moan from this and wrapped her legs around my waist, allowing me a chance to turn around so she could sit on the desk.

"Babe," Evita started, as I trailed kisses down her jawline, planting them on her neck, which earned another moan, "Your sister. She's waiting for you downstairs," Evita moaned out when I grabbed a fistful of her hair, pulling her head back. Her eyes had been closed as she attempted to stifle another moan.

"Why did you let her in?" I asked, allowing my lips to connect with Evita's neck again, allowing my tongue to run along her neck vertically. Evita's body convulsed, telling me that my actions had caused her to have chills. As much as I had been aware of Athena being in my home, I had hoped that doing this would create a long enough distraction so that I didn't have to deal with Athena, but I couldn't do this every day. I knew Evita had an idea that something was going on, but she hadn't asked me about it yet.

"Anna, we can't do this every time your sister shows up," I rolled my eyes from this and pulled away from Evita. God, she was too smart. Running my hand through my hair, I gave out a sigh, watching as Evita looked at me. A soft smile played at her lips as she followed my actions and ran her hand through her own hair, "Listen, I know something is going on when it comes to you and your sister. We don't have to talk about it right now, but at some point, I would like to,"

"And what do you know is happening, Evita?" I attempted to hide my irritation with the situation, but I knew I had failed. Evita stood up from the desk, a small sigh escaping her lips as she stepped towards me, placing her left hand on my cheek, forcing me to look at her. I closed my eyes from this, taking in the comfort of her small action. I placed my hand over hers, listening to the silence between the two of us. I could hear my heart pound in my ears. I could feel my heart violently pounding against my chest. Had Evita known about this fake contract Athena always brought up when it was just her and me? Did Evita know about the kiss Athena stole almost seven months ago?