Chapter 22: It Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Persephone sat alone by the counter, she was having a rough week. She was forced to go on some mini vacation with her crazed family. Her favourite dress was stolen by some fish that confessed her love for her brother. Then she had to beat up a cross dresser to get her dress back, while at the same time blow up some  pirate ship.

Juvia, who only relied on her one crutch, waddled over to Persephone's side. "Hello, how is Persephone doing?"

"Oh shut up! I despise you!" Persephone barked angrily.

Juvia, froze, then blinked, confusion written all over her face. She scooted closer and said "Is something wrong?"

"You aren't fighting for Stivia..."

"Should Juvia know what this is?"

"Sting and Juvia! Sting X Juvia! I ship it so hard, alongside Role!  And they are making more progress than you idiots!" Persephone pointed to Levy and Rogue in a corner of the guild. Levy seemed to be poking her legs, talking about something they couldn't make out while Rogue silently watched her and nodded at some parts.

Juvia sighed, remembering Persephone's obsession over romance.

"Juvia knows that things are...rough...but Persephone shouldn't be looking for love pairings so...forcefully"

"What am I supposed to do? Casia died with  Calum"

Juvia stopped and thought for a moment "Sierra and Calum"

"Precisely"

"Well" Juvia pondered for a moment "What about Zayper...no...Perzayn...creepy but cool..."

"Zaphone?"  Persephone suggested.

"Perfect, that's it!" Juvia cheered.

Persephone looked at her hands, she silently traced Zayn's name in the wood.

"You know, I've been in love with him since I was a kid but I've always been just a kid to him..." Persephone whispered slightly.

"Enlighten Juvia...how did this love start and grow?"

"I was eleven at the time so..."

Five years ago I was still in my heavy training mood, I'd heard what people could do with their lightning powers, and I'd learn how strong a dragon slayer could be if they combined their magic with another element.

So I went out to Minerva and faced her knowing that she was strong.

Young Persephone stepped in front of a fourteen year old Minerva, who was twirling a straw in her drink.

"Minerva Orlando! You are deemed fit to train me in the art of lightning dragon slayer magic!"

I was a very up front child back then. Still am.

Minerva  looked at Persephone with a bored look. She stifled a laugh and looked her over. "How old are you again?"

"I'm eleven years old! Take it or leave it!" Persephone flipped her dark pink hair back with a prideful smirk.

"I guess you are already to old by now, you've waited long enough I suppose" Minerva  scratched her hair  " You'll meet up with me tomorrow, I'll bring my cousin along, you should know him, maybe.  Oi! Zayn come here!"

Zayn was seen a couple of tables over , looking over a book, at the sound of his name, he turned to Minerva with a frown.  "What?"

"This here is the new apprentice! Persephone, you guys have met right?"