Chapter 17: Back to the real world

Kojiro's POV

After the battle with the arrancars, my friends and I were ordered back to the Soul society. Captain Yamanato's orders.

I'm in the recovery room with Borko, Courtney, and Ichigo.

"Courtney, I want to apolagize for before, I... I almost lost control."

"Kojiro.... I mean, Julian. It's all right. The hollow inside was controlling me. I had nothing to do with...... Kita's... you know..." I knew what she was referring to. I couldn't believe that she could take something like this so easily. Heh. Ichigo chose wisely, making this girl his girlfriend.

"That's good. I...."

*Beep da Beep!* My cellphone rang.

"Hold on, I gotta take this." I said, leaving the room. Once outside, I said into the mobile device.

"Hello?"

"Greetings, Kojiro."

Captain Yamanato.

"Yes, Captain?"

"Tell Courtney that you and her have to meet me in my room. ASAP." Click. He hung up. I went back inside the recovery room where Courtney was.

"Courtney, you and I have to meet Captain Yamanato, now." Ichigo, stood up, saying "Not without me!" I sighed.

"Ichigo, we could either do this the easy way, or the hard way." He clenched his fists, and tried to punch me.

I ducked and used the index finger and middle finger, and jabbed his chest.

"Ugh! You think that... wha-!" He fell to his knees, trembling. "This is a technique that I've been taught by Lady Yoruichi. The next time you try to hurt me, or anyone around my presence..." I went to his ear and said "... I'll be given permission to assassinate you. Understood?" He nodded, shakily.

"Now then... Courtney? Can you walk?" I looked over at her. She nodded and stood up.

"I can walk." She responded with a slight smile.

We left the recovery room.

"Julian, who was that other man with you, when we fought?"

"That was my uncle, Kojiro."

"Wait, you mean..?"

"Yeah... that was my old body. Until, I discovered a secret that Doctor Mayuri has kept secret from me....." I frowned. 

"What happened?" She asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"When we get to the real world with some free time, okay?" Was my answer.

"Okay." She seemed kind of dissapointed. She'll know soon enough.

A double set of doors was before us. "We're here." I pushed open the door, letting Courtney in first.

"Ah, I see that there are two of you mentioned in the prophecy." Huh? What does he mean by 'the prophecy?' Hmm.