Chapter 18: Family Reunion

Julian's POV

I stared at the photo, as tears streaked my face. How could this be? I thought to myself.

I couldn't have died, could I?

Ishigo's dad... I mean, my dad, hugged me, sobbing all the while.

"Welcome home, son." He said as he buried his face in my shoulder.

"Dad, what's wrong?" A young girl said, behind the door.

Dad walked up to the door, unlocked it, and said. "Remember Julian? Our firstborn?" He asked her, holding her shoulders.

"Yeah, I do, but I thought he passed away, dad." I smiled, knowing she was my little sister.

"He's alive. He's right here, actually." He moved to her side, showing me to her. She seemed surprised, and shocked at once. "Are you.... Julian?" She asked, shyly.

"Yes, I'm your big brother." I said, opening my arms for a hug. She inched closer and closer, until she wrapped her arms around me. I picked her up, and held her.

"You are my big brother. You look like dad, and kinda like Ichigo." She looked up at me, while saying that. I sat back down.

"Why are you so cold?" She asked, curiously.

"I'll tell you another time, okay?" I told her. She nodded and said "Okay." She walked back downstairs. "I can't believe I'm an older brother." I said, smiling as I headed downstairs.

Courtney's POV

Yuzu walked downstairs, a little happier than usual.

"Guess what?" She asked, Karin.

"Yeah?" Karin responded.

"We have another brother!" Yuzu said, smiling.

"I know that, he passed away, remember?"

"No, he didn't. He's coming downstairs!"

Julian came down the stairs, just like Yuzu said, and sat between Ichigo, and Yuzu. "See?" Yuzu said.

Karin stared, wide eyed. "Julian?" She asked, astounded.

"Yes? What do you need, little sister?" He responded.

"Are you really our oldest brother?" She asked.

"Yes, I am. I was born of the year 1995, February 14th. Also known as Valentine's Day." He said, with  a smile. Julian was more calm than usual. He seemed happier, too.

As they talked, I started to wonder to myself, Is this where he's really from? I shook my head, and thought Of course he is! Silly! I went back to eating my dinner.

Julian's POV

After dinner, I headed out to go for a walk. Courtney decided to come with me. Ichigo knew that I'd be able to protect her, so he said that it's ok.

We walked down a street that lead to a park. I jumped over the fence, while Courtney went around, and through a gate. I sat down on one of the swings. I felt that this place meant something, but I just couldn't remember...

Then, it hit me.....

*Flashback*

"I had a really great time, Kojiro."

"Me too, Rangiku..."

She same closer to me,as I leaned closer to her, and kissed.

*End of flashback*

"Whoa!" I said as I came back to reality.

"What is it, Julian?" Courtney asked, worried. I told her "I just remembered, that this is where my first date was, and where I..." I blushed, thinking about it.

It was her first time too. I thought.

"With who?" Courtney, asked, wondering.

"Rangiku.... Rangiku Matsumoto." I replied.

"You mean, the orange haired slut?" She asked, surprised.

"Hey! That 'slut' was my first girlfriend, you know!?" I stood up.

"Hey, I'm sorry. But that was my first thought when I met her!" Courtney said, angry.

"You'd probably be like that too, if you lost the one you love!" I shouted

"She's been like that, ever since Gin died. He was the only one that she truly loved. No one else but me, was like that, like how he was...." I started to sob.

Don't cry... you'll make me cry too, Kojiro..... Rangiku's voice echoed in my head.

"I'm sorry, I... I didn't know. Please, forgive-!" I cut Courtney off, by hugging her.

"It's all right, I forgive you. Just don't..... just don't label someone, without knowing them first, okay?"

"Okay, I will. I promise."