you deserve an explanation

so, as you'll have seen, i haven't been updating much lately and i feel like you deserve an explanation as to why. the problem is, i don't have an explanation. and i'm so so sorry for that.

i love this book with all of my heart and i'm so invested in the characters, but i've been stuck in a constant state of writers block all year with it. i have no idea how to make the story progress. i have a plan (to some extent) and i know kinda where i wanna take it, i just have no idea what to write.

i'm contemplating putting this story on hold or unpublishing it, and then finishing it in my spare time, ready to put up chapters one week at a time. either way, i'm never going to stop writing this story. i've put so much of my time and effort into it that to suddenly drop it would kill me. so please don't think i'll ever desert it.

do you have any suggestions as to what i should do? i've also been contemplating rewriting it, but i know that would take a long time and i've been so busy lately that i'm not sure that would be possible.

this story has been up for a year now and i have to admit, it's been one of the best years of my life. everyone on here is so kind and full of love and i'm so glad that you like to interact and read my book. i mean, there are hundreds or thousands, if not millions, of books on this website and the fact that you chose to read mine will never fail to baffle me. i have so much admiration, adoration and gratitude for each and every one of you. thank you for sticking with me and this book, despite the fact that i haven't updated in months.

thank you for all the happiness you've given me.

UPDATE: i've put this book on hold for an unknown amount of time, so please don't expect updates anytime soon. i'm so so sorry that i've been the worst author, but i hope you'll continue to support me and this book.

if you'd like to see more of my writing i have a danfic called 'absolutely smitten' that i'm a little more active on. i urge you to read that if you'd like to read more.

anyway, thank you for sticking with me, i love you with all of my heart. i'm incredibly sorry that i've had to do this, but i haven't been writing anything for it, so i feel like there's no point in saying there may be updates, bc there won't.

honestly this whole update thing is a mess and i'm sorry, i hope you get what i'm saying. ( i need to stop saying sorry don't i? just know i am really really sorry and i love you )

if you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to comment or pm me ! <33