Driving and Mercy

(Now I've done my research and learned that in the UK, you can get your driver's license at 17, but the license you get in the UK is similar to the permit rules you get in the United States. I'm aware that for this one-shot, my info will be incorrect, but just go with it for the fun of it. Lol thanks.)

Your boyfriend, Oliver Wood is staying at your house over the summer until you go back to school for your 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. After realizing your parents need some items from the grocery store, you volunteered to go get them. When Oliver asked how you will get to the store, you explained that you will simply drive the car. When you mentioned the car, Oliver stood there in shock.

You took Oliver with you to go to the store, and he was very nervous, as he had never ridden in a car with you before. You ran in quickly and grabbed bread, milk, and some eggs, and returned to your boyfriend, who chose to wait in the car.

You and Oliver returned home, only to find your parents gone. You decided to dismiss the thought of where they could be, and you put the groceries away inside. Oliver still continued to question you about the car and how it works without magic, like the other cars he had ridden in before. You stopped answering his questions and took him outside.

You push him down into the driver's seat and you take your seat in the passenger's seat. You turn the key in the ignition.

"Love, w-what are you doing?" Oliver asks, nervously scooting back in the seat.

"Today, Oliver Wood. Is the day you learn how to drive a muggle car." You tell him, latching both yours and his seat belts.

"I-I really don't think this is n-necessary." He says, looking at you, wide-eyed.

"Ollie, we'll be fine." You say, patting his cheek.

He stays silent and looks at the steering wheel.

"Now, put your hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel." You say.

He furrows his eyebrows. "What?" He asks, confused.

"You know, like on a clock. 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock." You say, pointing at where his hands should go.

"Oh." He says, placing his hands where you pointed.

"Now, pull this lever back, and position the lever next to the R which means reverse." You say, touching the stick.

He does as told and the car begins to roll backwards.

"Now, quickly, push and hold onto the pedal next to your right foot. It's the brake, which is the thicker of the two pedals down there." You say, pointing between his legs at the floor.

He quickly finds the brake and you both jerk back against the seat.

"Oh, sorry love." He says as you grab onto the door handle.

"It's okay. You're still learning. But if I must say, you're quite a natural at this actually." You say , winking at him.

He gives a small laugh, along with a little smile.

"Okay, now what?" He asks, releasing a breath.

"Now, push on the skinny pedal on the right, slowly to go backwards." You say.

He does as told, but pushes too hard and you accelerate backwards. You let out a small shriek, followed by a laugh, as he pushes on the brake almost automatically.

"Ugh, Y/N. It's hopeless. I'm never gonna get it." He says, leaning his head back.

"No, Oliver. You aren't giving up now. Plus you've barely even started learning. You won't learn if you don't try." You say, turning to face him.