Chapter 14

I went home that night, and crashed on my couch. I woke up and saw my phone had gotten a text. It was from my aunt, saying she had to stay longer on her trip. I sighed and went upstairs to my room and into my closet. I picked out some skinny jeans and a yellow and white striped tank top. I took and shower and out on my make up, ready to dry and straitened my hair. After I did that, I grabbed my keys and left for the hospital. I found Riker's room and knocked, heading in.

"Hi Marilyn." He said looking at me. He was sitting up on the side of the bed, dressed in sweats and a t-shirt. "I am allow to go, but I'm still not supposed to be left alone, I'm still weak." I smiled.

"I can take you home and stay until your family arrives Riker." I giggle, taking his hint. I crossed over to him and helped him up, letting him lean on me for support. We hobbled to my car and he slid into my passenger seat. I found his house and helped him up to his room, a door with green and blue paint splatters all over it. I opened the door and Riker hobbled to his bed, and sat on the edge.

"Thank you for doing this for me." He said with a genuine smile.

"Of course." I said. "Hey Riker," I turned to him.

"Yeah?"

"Did you mean all that stuff you said in the hospital yesterday? Or was it just because of the medicine cute doctors had you on?"

He chuckled. "Of course I meant it Marilyn. I'm not going to lie anymore."

"Great." I smiled.