Chapter 48

I would never forget that year of my life. The year when everyone would look at me from head to toe in disgust, as if I was covered in dirt.
I would never let that happen to me again.

But it was.

Today in school, people were staring at me.
Mila left early and I couldn't find Ron, so I was alone.

I went straight to my first class and sat.
Luke was there, sitting at the chair at my back.

"Hey" Diane leaned in to me and whispered, well some people could still hear her. "What?" I turned to her, trying to be as polite as possible.
"Is it true? Huh? That you're hitting it with James?" she raised her brow.
Before I could speak, "After ending it with Luke?" she said, glancing at Luke. "So what's your plan? Guy hopping?" she scoffed, laughing. The class laughed as well.

My fist were turning white as I was stopping my tears.

The day ended just like that.

My classes with Ron were the same, he couldn't hold me because people might just bully me more.

"I swear this is getting soo out of hand." Ron said.
We decided to go somewhere far from the campus, so we went to a park.

"I think I'll just get used to it." I sighed.
"What? What happened to you?" Ron tilted his head.
"I mean, I guess..." I trailed off.
"Where did you bring Alicia?" he joked.
I chuckled lightly, "No, I mean.. I mean they're right." I shrugged.
"This happened to me years ago. Because why? I keep talking to guys. And if they were wrong back then, then why does it have to happen again?" I asked.

"You were drunk! You didn't know what you were doing! And maybe that James guy even drugged you." Ron said and stood up.

"Exactly, Ron! I was intoxicated! Sige, kapag nalalasing ang tao diba mas nalalabas nila yung totoong nararamdaman nila? It just means that that was the real me. You know?" I tugged at my hair.

Ron didn't know what to say. He shook his head, "Di ko na alam kung kanino ka talaga kampi." he said then walked out of my room.

I begun sobbing on my bed. There was only one person in my mind. My mom.

"Hello, Alicia?" she answered my call.
"Hi ma.." I tried my best to hide my crying voice.
"Why are you crying anak?" but still, she knew me.
"What happened? Kelangan ko bang pumunta jan? Did someone hurt you?" she asked me questions.
"No ma.. It, It's... I'm sorry." I cried.