Chapter 16

"Every year, we let our students vote for our king and queen of the night. Let's start shall we?" The host talked to his partner. "Yes sure!" the girl nodded. The teachers distributed papers to everyone, to vote there.

"You'll have to first, nominate one boy and one girl from your class. Then later on, we will again, vote for the final royalty." the hosts explained.

"Who will you nominate?" I asked Luke. He shrugged, "Alicia" he said. Then voted himself for the boy.
"Too much sweetness." I fake coughed. He just giggled.
I voted for us too, then dropped the papers in the ballot.

Minutes later, it was all done. So the music started again. "What if we don't win?" I asked Luke. He looked at me, "We will win! Trust me." he squeezed my hand a bit.

We both got iced tea, and drank.
"Hey Mike!" Luke called. The Mike approached us, he was one of his friends btw, "Could you.. take a pic of us?" Luke handed him his phone. I was surprised he wanted to actually take a pic of us together.
Both of us compressed, his hands were on my hip, and placed my hand on my hip as well, just to pose a little.

Mike gave the phone back after Luke said thanks. "I didn't know you want to take pictures." I pouted. "I'm with the queen! I gotta save a memory." he said. I blushed, "Cheesy line my god!" I laughed. Yeah yeah.. But i just want you to know. Even if we don't win, you'll still be a queen to me." he whispered in my ear so I would hear it very clearly.

My phone buzzed "So sorry." I took it out to see who was calling. Shit. It was Ron. I looked up at him, "I gotta answer." I smiled at him apologetically.

"Hey" I answered, once I got outside.
"Hi, Alicia!" he sounded happy. "Kumusta?" he asked.
"Well I am a bit busy. I'm at a party right now." I said.
"Wow english ha!" he laughed.
"Sorry na." I sighed.
"Ron, sorry ha. Can you call some other time?"
"Oh. Sige wait, tinananong ni mama kung anong school ka daw jan?"
"Bakit daw? I'm in Melbourne High School." I answered.
"Di ko alam eh. Sige bye na! Thanks."
Then he ended the call.

"Alicia!" I turned around to see a worried Luke.
"Oh! Anong nang- What happened?" I asked.
"Nothing. I just thought you left me." he muttered. I sighed, "No I won't leave you." I assured him.

"By the way, the second voting is about to start." he said. We went inside, and to our table.

Luke was of course, nominated.
In girls, I was there too! Olivia was there too.
We voted for both of us, then dropped it again.

Some songs played, and it was a slow song. We decided to dance again. Just swaying...
"Thank you for the album." I finally thanked him.
"Oh that? No problem." he smiled.

"And we have the final results now!" the hosts went to the stage. We all adjusted our clothes.
"Let's start with boys..." the guy said.
"We congratulate you, our King of the Night 2016," there was a lame drum roll.

"Luke Taylor!!" they all clapped.
"You made it!" I hugged him, grinning. "Thanks." he walked up stage. They put a sash on him, then a crown. "Congrats mate!" The guy host patted Luke's shoulder.

"Now let's get to the girls!" the girl host said.
They opened it, and was impressed, "Oooh! This one's pretty close. Come on here now because King Luke is waiting for you, Queen of the Night 2016," drum roll again.

I was just looking at Luke, who was looking back at me. Wishing for my name to be called.

"Olivia Todd!" the host announced.

I gasped. I wasn't expecting to hear her name at all. But I wasn't expecting for me to win too. I looked down, and just clapped.
I could feel Luke was still looking at me. I looked at them, Olivia got her sash, crown, and a bouquet of flowers. They all cheered.
Olivia was waving at the crowd. Like she was feeling her moment.

The music started again, and they were asked to dance. I watched them, Luke was just looking at the ground, as they danced a slow dance, for he didn't know how.
He kept stepping on her.

I went to the food, and got some pretzels. I sat on our table and ate quietly.

"Hmm." Kristel sat beside me. I sighed, and smiled at her. "Don't smile if you know you can't." she said. I shrugged, "just why her?" I asked. "Why the girl who hurt him?" I asked.
"I honestly think she planned it." she said.

"Oh. Gotta go." she left me just that.
"Hi.." Luke. I turned around.
"Can I dance with my queen?" he had in his hands Olivia's crown. I gasped, "Luke! Why'd you get that?" I scolded him. He just shrugged. I looked at Olivia, she was looking at me and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled at her, and chuckled.

I went back to Luke, still smiling widely. "Yes of course." I nodded, as I bowed like an actual princess. He placed the crown on my head, and took my hands. I placed it on his shoulder and hip, while he did the same.

We started to do some steps. I was amazed he knew how. "Olivia taught me some steps earlier up on the stage." Luke told me. I nodded, "That's nice.." I looked at him.

"Alicia.." he spoke after moments of silence. "Yeah?" I asked.
He gulped.
"Can I ask you um.. out? You know, a date." he was looking at my eyes, which were melting me.

"Luke.." I glanced around. I bit my lip, and looked back to him, in his eyes.
"'course I'd love to." I smiled. His eyes lighten up, and grinned, "Really?! Oh god yess!!" he jumped in happiness. I laughed at him, Luke caught the crowd's attention.

"Woah woah, what's up there Mr. King?" the host asked. Luke faced the front, where the host was, and shouted. "She will go out with me!" he yelled in happiness.

"Ohh congratulations!!" they said, clapping. "Because of that, we'll let you choose the next song." they smiled.
Luke looked at me. He smiled then turned back to the hosts, "Fallin for You by Colbie Caillat!" he said.

"That's a nice song! How'd you know her??" I asked. "I may be the 'bad boy' but I still have great taste in music." he said. The song started to play.

We just danced on to the song until it ended.
We sat back on our table.

"Hey you wanna try the photobooth?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah sure." he stood up. I dragged his hand till we reached it. We went inside and shoot a coin in.

We posed for five times.
In the first one, we did wacky faces. In the second and third, we looked at each other with silly faces on.
On the fourth one, I kissed his cheek. On the fifth one, his eyes were wide.

I took the photo from outside. "Alicia" Luke followed me out. "Thank you..?" he tilted his head. I gave him a small smile. He then leaned in and hugged me.

"Look" I showed him our pics.
"Cute." I giggled.

Once the ball ended, we returned Olivia's crown to her. "You can take it." she smiled. "No, I can't! This award is yours, Olivia." I said. "I still have my sash, and flowers. You can have it now Alicia." she chuckled. I sighed, "Okay.. Thank you." I hugged her.

"He's on his way now." Luke said, referring to their driver. We were now outside. We decided to sit on a bench for a while.
"Alicia?" Luke called. I glanced at him, and waited.
"I'm sorry." he apologized.
I hugged myself when the cold air hit us. He then removed his suit to put it on me. "Thanks" I smiled a bit.
"But why are you apologizing?" I asked.

"For how I treated you in the past months. I know I was racist. Sorry. I'm really sorry." he faced me, his hands were sticked to each other.

I watched him, "I just wanna tell you that that wasn't the best idea to hide your feelings" I said. He nodded, "Yeah I realized that."

A car stopped in front of us, then beeped. We stood up, and Luke opened the door for me as we sat in.

______________________________________

Two chapters for one night is enough XD haha

#Lukeicia or #Ronicia or #Kenicia or #Ernicia??

Ron parin me!!